𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝙱𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚍

Začať od začiatku

"Really?" Eight asked Four, to which he replied with a simple shrug of his shoulder. Five then cuts in, "Nahh, know what the best part of being dead is?" Four looked at five and muttered a simple, "Mm?"

"No more immigration lines."

Seven looked at Five after she said this. "Don't look at me like that. I'm fucking American." Five said to Seven. Eight chuckled at this. She noticed One glanced at her after hearing the sound of her chuckle. She wouldn't dare look at him while he's looking at her, but One's eyes on her made her feel warm.

She could feel her cheeks getting red at his glance at her. Then, finally, eight heard Three say so casually, "I'm illegal."

One's eyes finally lifted off from looking at the sweet-looking woman beside him to the sight of Three sitting across from him. He pulled out his phone from his pocket.

One opened his mouth to say, "You guys sure are cynical."

Three's food came, then he drowns his food in condiments while saying, "How about high blood pressure? Fuck you, high blood pressure. I'll eat whatever the fuck I want, thank you very much."

Two looked at him blankly, then she said to him, "You realize you're actually still alive, right?"

The bearded man didn't answer Two. Instead, he just took a bite out of his food while still looking at her dead in the eyes.

Three made a move to take the salt shaker on the table, but it moved by itself before he got close to it. Eight glanced at the man sitting beside her- One. She sees that One is also moving his fingers on his phone screen, then she took a glance at what he's doing on his phone and saw a magnet logo staring back at her. So now she knows what One is up to.

One kept moving his fingers on his phone screen, making all the objects on top of their diner table moved. Three was getting agitated by what One is doing, "Fuck you, too, technology." Finally, three said to One after he succeeded at taking the salt he wanted off the table.

One gave Three a sarcastic smile with a lift of his eyebrows. Seeing One fumbling with electronics makes her heart feels warm. One said to her once when they were still together that he made magnets since his seventh-grade science fair project.

Then One said to the group with a slight shake of his head, "You guys, you got it all wrong, you know. The best thing about being dead is; the freedom. I mean, we're all going to die. May as well do it while we're alive right? When you're young, you lock yourselves into all of these bad decisions. You know, marriages and mortgages and all that kind of stuff. But you die. It's all erased. Poof! Gone."

"From that point forward, all that matters is what you choose. The point is that we should bring Seven and Eight behind the curtain." One finally finished his lines of speech. He looked at the stacks of glasses behind Three's back and said to him, "You wanna hand me those over there?"

One took the glasses and started stacking them, "Here we go. All right, a little demonstration, no technology." One looked at Three while he said that. "This is how to stage a coup in three not-so-easy steps." Eight's eyes were once again observing the whole group one by one. She sees that each of the members was listening to what One was saying intently.

"All right, you got a country, Turgistan, yeah? These are the people, nice people, going about, doing their thing." Then One lifted four red plastic cups, "Then you got the four generals, cuatro cunts, very bad guys. But there's one worse guy." He lifted a salt shaker in his hand, "That's the piece-of-shit dictator. Right there at the top."

"Don't forget his brother." Two said to One while handing him a metal toothpick holder. One took it out of Two's hold. Three then decided to adds into the conversation, "Democracy-loving brother."

Seven cocks his head to the side at Three's statement. Then, with the metal toothpick holder still in One's hand, he looked between Seven and Eight, saying, "He's the key. So, we're gonna hit the four generals. They're gonna lead us to the brother."

"You kill top generals. You fuck a dictator's day." Three once again added.

"The second thing we're gonna do is, we're gonna free the brother. And the last thing we're gonna do is we're gonna say goodbye to piece-of-shit dictator," He took the salt shaker in front of him that he has stacked at the very top, above the stacks of plastic cups, then replace it with the metal toothpick holder, "And hello to democracy-loving brother."

Three added again, "It all goes down in four months. El Día de los Muertos, The Day of the Dead."

Seven looked at the two bearded men in front of him intently, and once he realized they're done talking, he asked, "Oh, that's it?" He continued, "Oh, well, that's pretty simple, you know? Its cups"

One gave Seven a raised eyebrows and a genuine smile on his face. Seven sucks his teeth and continued to ask, "So we're all going to die?"

Two answered him, "Not me." One looked at Two, then he answered Seven, "She's not."

One then continued, "But the rest of us? We all are. Painfully."

Eight looked at the side of One's head blankly, "Us?" She asked him. One then glanced at her again with a raised eyebrow and a smirk, "And her, she's not going to die." Thinking of how he shot her years ago, and yet she's currently still standing perfectly and beautifully beside him.

Other than Eight, Two is also quite an observant individual, considering how she used to be in the C.I.A. So when she sees the exchange between One and Eight, she raised her eyebrow in question. But she didn't voice her question out loud.

Seven said humorlessly, "Yeah, y'all are funny. So, what else can you tell me about this guy Rovach in Turgistan?"

Eight noticed how One's face went tense. She never missed any tiny body language that a person gives off. Not once. Because she's an extremely trained assassin. Well-- ex-assassin.

She deduced that One's head must be replaying a terrible memory from how he speaks with his body. From a distance, or even from proximity, if a person's eyes aren't trained to look out for tiny clues of the human body language, they wouldn't be able to notice what One is doing.

Her memories then snapped back to four years ago, when One and she were still together. One had a mission to go to Turgistan. Eight didn't come with him. When One went home after his trip, she could see the tiny stress lines he has on his face build-up worse day after day since he came back from Turgistan.

Her heart wrenched at the thought, and she so badly wanted to reach out and holds One's hand in hers. To take away all the pain and trauma he has. But she knew she could never do that.

No matter how selfish she might sound, he has hurt her. Badly. She couldn't take any more pains. Especially not from the person who gave her the most terrible pain she has ever felt.

 Especially not from the person who gave her the most terrible pain she has ever felt