▃▃ 𝖎𝖛.

𝕭𝖆𝖌 𝕺𝖋 𝕭𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖘,

chapter four.

‎ ‎ ‎

𝕷𝖔𝖚𝖉 chatter engulfed The King's Arms, the favored pub for Oxford students. Felix and his friend group had claimed the corner table in the smoky pub, laughter and banter cascading around them.

Gabriette downed another shot, the tally of her intake a lost count. Her hand lightly scratched the nape of Felix's neck as she sat perched on his knee, legs stretched out, and dangling across Farleigh's lap.

India, Annabel, Harry, and a toff named Jake completed their boisterous circle, reveling in the drunken hangout.

On the opposite side of the pub, Oliver found himself once again in the company of Michael, the blonde blabbering on while Ollie's attention gravitated toward the lively table in the distance, particularly focusing on Felix, Gabriette, and Farleigh. Jesus, Michael was right, they really were a package deal.

"Jameson spends the whole time staring at her tits, completely ignoring the fact she can barely do her times tables," Oliver resentfully turned his eyes back at Michael's words, offering an uninterested hum. However, the blonde persisted in his rant.

"Times tables, Oliver! Just fuck off and do history of art, love. Save us all the trouble." A beat passed before Oliver hummed again.

"Oliver... Oliver!" Michael exclaimed, pulling Oliver out of his own thoughts.

"Yeah," he said, still not fully tuned in.

"Not exactly dazzling company," the blonde added, shifting in his seat before getting up as Oliver apologized.

"Ooh! Sweet baby Jesus! Going for a slash. Get me another pint, please, Oliver?" he finished as he sauntered off.

Oliver sighed and stood up, dragging his feet toward the bar to comply with his friend's request.

Felix's excitement lit up as he spotted Oliver at the bar, eagerly pointing in his direction, capturing the attention of everyone at their corner table.

"Oh! There he is! Ollie! Oliver!! Oliver, come here, mate!" The exuberant shout cut through the lively pub, drawing Oliver's attention, who after a moment of hesitation, awkwardly made his way over, leaving Michael's beer abandoned at the bar.

"Hiya, mate!" Felix greeted with enthusiasm, to which Oliver responded with a somewhat anxious 'hi'.

As all eyes focused on him, Felix declared, "This is my hero, right here! I was just telling everyone how you saved my arse yesterday!"

In unison, India and Annabel chimed in with a teasing "So cute!" leaving Oliver shifting uncomfortably on his feet.

"Hey, take a seat, I owe you a drink!" Felix insisted, and Oliver's gaze flickered to Farleigh and Gabriette, exchanging amused glances. Returning to his table, Michael scanned the pub, searching for Oliver.

When their eyes met, Michael offered a small wave, but Oliver pretended not to notice, choosing to immerse himself in Felix's conversation. "Oh, sorry, you with friends?" Felix asked.

"No, they just left," Oliver lied, and Gabriette caught on to the disappointment on Michael's face as his friend seemingly abandoned him.

Despite Felix's persistent invitation to join them, Oliver hesitated, unsure of where exactly to sit.

"Come on, Ollie boy, we don't bite," Gabriette spoke with amusement, gesturing to an empty seat close to her and Felix.

As Oliver finally took a seat, the majority of the crowd whooped and started chanting "Shots! Shots! Shots!", all fixing their gaze on Gabriette with broad smiles.

"Whattt? It's my turn again, already?" Gabriette spoke, yet unfazed that it was her turn to foot the bill for the round as she mirrored their smiles with genuine enthusiasm.

She released her arms from around Felix, who did the same, allowing her to stand up and head to the bar, with India in tow to assist in carrying the trays of alcohol.

Gabriette requested the respective shots, and while they were being poured, her gaze shifted back to her table.

"He's so... awkward, he's standing out like a sore thumb," India giggled, motioning towards poor Oliver, who was attempting to immerse himself in the lively conversation. By the look on his face, it was evident he had no clue what they were talking about.

"Oh, bless him! It's like watching a lost sheep in a bustling herd," Gabriette chimed in with a playful smirk. "He'll definitely not become the life of the party anytime soon," Gabriette joked back, attempting to suppress her laughter alongside her friend, but both failing and breaking out in fits of laughter.

As she turned to accept a tray from the bartender and India the other, Gabriette caught Felix looking at her from her peripheral vision, his eyes briefly wandering over her skimpy cocktail dress, down her long legs and stiletto heels.

When she walked back to the table, Felix had already shifted his attention back into the conversation. "Shots!" she yelled out, and everyone erupted in cheers.

‎