Chapter one

Casey's pov:

Turbulence jolted me awake and I realised we were landing. I turned to look at Izzie, who was snoring softly against my arm. So cute. I thought.

"Babe," I said gently shaking her.

Her eyes slowly opened and she looked up at me. "Are we there yet?"

I nodded as she let out a quiet yawn. Soon, the plane landed. As we filed out of the plane, Izzie forced me to let her carry a bag. So I gave her the lightest one. We got the rest of our bags, passed through some security checks and left the airport. A short uber ride later, we arrived at UCLA.

The size of the campus was enough to make me uneasy. I felt Izzie's grip on my hand tighten as she stared at the building.

"I'm so nervous." She sighed.

"Oh come on, I'm sure it'll be okay."

I was not sure it would be okay. The thing about big changes is that they're exciting until they actually happen. Then they're scary. Which is what I was experiencing now. But I tried my best to put on a brave face.

Izzie's pov:

The dorm was pretty nice. There wasn't necessarily anything special about it, it just felt welcoming. I was less nervous but the feeling didn't completely go away. The idea of being in California was fun and fresh. Actually being in California just stressed me out. I tried to calm down as Casey flopped onto one of the beds.

"Get up, Newton, we still have to go register for classes."

"Aw what?" She whined.

I yanked on her arm and she stood up dramatically, running a hand through her hair. My heart was beating so hard I could practically hear it. Despite what Casey would have me believe, I knew she was nervous too. Who wouldn't be? Going to college is a huge change.

We signed up for all the classes we needed and headed back to the dorm room. Casey just wanted to sleep since we had to wake up quite early to catch the flight but I wanted to do something. Class didn't start until tomorrow so I felt like exploring the campus.

"Fine, go explore, I'm exhausted."

I chuckled and pressed a gentle kiss on her lips. "Okay, I'll see you later."

Casey's pov:

I woke up to an Izzie-less room. It took me a minute to remember that she went to look around for a bit. I had nothing to do so I decided to shower and start unpacking. After about 45 minutes I had unpacked most of out stuff. My problem was that since I had no idea how long I'd been asleep I also had no idea how long Izzie had been gone. And I missed her.

Now a normal person would just check the time but I forgot to check the time before I took my nap. So I was screwed. Another 30 minutes passed and I started to get a little worried. I was about to call her when the door opened.

"Hey Izzie." I smiled as she walked over to me.

"I didn't know how interesting this place is. I checked out some classrooms, went to the track and got you this map of the school."

"Wow. Well I'm glad you had a good afternoon."

"I see you unpacked everything."

"Yeah I had to do something since you weren't here to fill that position."

Izzie scoffed and smacked my shoulder. I held my arms up innocently, smirking at her.

"More importantly, what the hell are we gonna eat?"

"Hmmmm... we could get pizza. Or we could go with option B."

"I'm gonna go with pizza because I'm too exhausted for option B."

"Damn."

For those of you who asked sooo nicely. Sorry for the short chapter, I'll make more depending on the feedbavk of this one.