Chapter 1: Loser Stark

DISCLAIMER: MARIA SHOWS SIGNS OF DID IN LATER CHAPTERS, BUT I APOLOGISE IF IT IS AN INACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF IT. I AM DOING MY RESEARCH AND I WILL DO MY BEST, BUT JUST KNOW THAT I MYSELF DO NOT HAVE DID.

 I AM DOING MY RESEARCH AND I WILL DO MY BEST, BUT JUST KNOW THAT I MYSELF DO NOT HAVE DID

Maria Alekseev was no coward. That's what you think of her after reading the description , right? You think she's a coward, hiding away for so long. Well she's not. Sure, she didn't help the people before but she hadn't really witnessed how bad things were for people before.

There are many words to describe a woman like her. Fierce, sassy, flirty, confident, sure she's all those things. Some may even call her beautiful. But cowardly is not one of them. She wanted to help the people before deep down but she didn't think she could. But not like this.

Maria was travelling when it happened. Some place in Hungary. She was a woman who had nothing to lose. Nobody would care if something happened to her so she just started travelling. There's something about it that Maria liked. Perhaps it was the fact she couldn't get attached to anyone or the fact that she never had to stay anywhere.

Now you're probably asking yourself, wait, how can she have nothing? What about her family, her friends? Well that's the problem. Maria didn't know if she had anyone, if anyone cared about her. She had lost her memories due to an incident with a boulder . She knew the basic stuff , her full name , her age, her birthday, where she was born. Sure, she still knew all that. Marina Morgan Alekseev, 25, 14th of November, Mother Russia. But where she was before the incident, who she was friends with, who her enemies were, if she had a lover or any family, what even happened anytime before that was all blank.

So yeah, pretty unfortunate on her part. Okay maybe a lot. But in a way it was good, Maria didn't need anyone. Or so she thought. But we've gone off topic, let me tell you about why Maria wanted to save people. When she was travelling, she came over a cave, pretty creepy. But her being as adventurous and stupid as she is, she decided to go in there. That was where she saw it.

Hundreds of bodies, all killed in equally gruesome ways. Some had all their limbs cut off, some just their heads. Some were burnt and some were soaking wet, which had presumably been drowned. There were way more ways, Saw type of stuff but Maria didn't stay to observe them as she had already ran out. She wasn't crying, she never did. But she was in shock and sat down for a few minutes.

And that's when it came! The desire to save people. She didn't want the same fates as those people in the cave for the rest of the world. She was going to help people. She just needed some time to figure out how.

As soon as Maria got back to her hotel, she started to plan. She decided that she didn't want people to know that it was her who was helping them since she still didn't know who were her allies and who were her enemies yet and revealing her identity would be inconvenient. So she eventually figured out she needed some kind of suit. So Maria travelled to Malibu, California. And then she realized her mistake.