“Well… we could assassinate her.” Dave suggested grimly.

“Oh god, fuck no!” Michael yelled in exasperation. “We’re not killing her, she’s fucking twenty six, she’s relatively harmless. Look… I’ll just deal with it when the time comes like I did with Trevor. That ended relatively well, as long as she doesn’t find out Brad is in my grave it’ll go okay. Just- don’t do anything rash” He sighed before hanging up and tossing the phone down onto the couch. He grabbed a half empty beer bottle and chugged the leftovers before tossing it aside. Things were not going well. First Trevor found him, then his family left, and now Y/n shows up in LS. He flopped onto the couch, massaging his temples. He didn’t know how he could handle all this.

    It wasn’t as if Michael didn’t like Y/n, he did. He could remember the days they would go to plan or celebrate their heists at Brad’s place. Y/n was 16 then and would always stay attached to Brad’s hip. Brad was an asshole but Y/n was the only person who made him act nice. The whole crew appreciated her for that and would sneak her beers when Brad wasn’t looking or help her with her homework when they were able. She was sweet and caring, a stark contrast to Brad’s dick personality. Sometimes she would make the group cookies after a heist and sometimes Michael even suspected she had a crush on him as she would blush whenever they spoke. Of course nothing happened, he was nearing 30 and married with children, she was 16 and his “friend’s” sister. So no, Michael didn’t dislike Y/n, he was scared for what would happen when she discovered he lived and was cushy with the FIB.

Michael walked to the fridge and grabbed a beer. His past was catching up with him faster than he could handle. He popped off the lid and took a sip, leaning against the counter and hoping he could hold on while everything he built up was crashing down around him.

- - -

    The liquor store was dingy, Y/n felt as if a layer of grime had settled on top of her skin as she entered. The linoleum floors were coated in a layer of dirt and mysterious stains and the paint on the green walls was peeling, each imperfection on them highlighted by the bright fluorescent lights which filled the store with a slight buzzing noise. She didn’t trust the alcohol here to be any good, but it was a cheap store and Y/n craved the shitty taste of cheap vodka.

John Wayne Was a Nazi played over the crackly speakers as she wandered the aisles, looking for the biggest bottle she could find. Y/n soon found it among the dilapidated wooden shelves, grabbing it in one hand and making her way to the counter, only to stop in her tracks when she saw someone holding a gun to the cashier. Holding her breath, Y/n hid behind the end on the wooden shelves, pulling out her phone to call the cops. As she was about to dial the last number the door chimed as someone walked in, seeming to not care about the robbery taking place.

    “So, what’s this about? Did the poor cashier not pay you enough for your, um, services?” Spoke a teasing voice. In a way it seemed familiar to Y/n, but she couldn’t place where it had come from. She had to admit the man was an idiot, coming into a store where a robbery was taking place and then calling him a hooker.

“Get outta here! I’ll shoot!” Spoke the robber who seemed like he wasn’t cut out for the task from the way his voice trembled. Y/n peered over the side of the shelf she hid behind to try and get a glimpse of the scene. Instead she could only see the robber whose face was obscured by a black ski mask.

“I don’t have time for this shit.” Y/n heard the second man cock a gun, and then the loud bang of a gun firing. She let out a small yelp at the sight of the masked man slumping to the floor. Quickly she covered her mouth, but the man clearly heard as she could hear him slowly pick his way through the aisles.

    “Oh we had an audience? Don’t you want to shake hands with the star of the show?” Y/n’s heart beat out of her chest as she stayed still, not wanting to take the risk of moving. Suddenly she felt her arm be grabbed by a calloused hand. Roughly she was yanked out of her hiding spot and face to face with-

“Trevor…?” She exhaled, looking into the older man’s eyes which seemed to soften at the sight of her. She hadn’t seen him in ten years, not since the cash depot heist which sent her brother to jail and killed his friend Michael. She had assumed he would be long dead, having bled out from his wounds or attacked by the fierce Ludendorff wildlife. “You’re alive…?”

Trevor opened his mouth to say something but closed it when the sound of sirens began to come close. He tightened his grip on Y/n’s arm and ran out of the store, dragging her with him while she continued to clutch the bottle of vodka she had picked out.

“Get in the truck!” He shouted to Y/n, pushing her to a red truck. Quickly Y/n listened, stumbling into the passenger seat. She saw Trevor roll something small that went undetected by the cops and hop into the driver’s seat, starting the car and speeding off. Behind them she heard the loud bang of an explosion. Trevor must have thrown a grenade. Y/n shuddered at the thought of so many people dying.

“So, what are you doing in LS? Don’t tell me you’ve come to audition for Fame or Shame.” He asked, spitting out the name of the show with disgust as he sped through the streets, narrowly avoiding cars and knocking over newspaper boxes. Y/n wondered how he could make such casual conversation after killing people.

Y/n a few minutes to respond, her breaths still heavy as she tried to catch up with what had happened. In her mind she could still see the dead bodies. “I, Uh-” she swallowed the lump in her throat. “I wanted to get away from Ludendorff, no one looked at me the same after Brad went to jail. I couldn’t handle being judged all the time. This place it-” She glanced behind her in the direction they came from, thinking of the dead cops. “It seemed like the opposite of Ludendorff, the best place for me to go.”

“Ha! It’s the opposite alright, but you’re not staying, you're going back to Ludendorff.” Trevor replied as he began to slow down. The sound of the sirens faded into nothing, leaving just the music on Channel X coming from Trevor’s radio in the background.

Those words were enough to snap Y/n out of the spaced out mindset she was trapped in. “What? Trevor no!” Y/n shouted. “I refuse to go back there!”

“Too bad sweetcheeks, it's better for you there. There’s some shit happening here and I know Brad wouldn’t want you to be a part of it.” he said stubbornly. His dedication to Brad would have made Y/n happy if it wasn’t his excuse to kick her out of the city.

“I’m not sixteen anymore! I’m twenty six. It doesn't matter what Brad wants. I love him but I’m old enough to choose what I want to do.” She retorted, desperate to stay. She couldn’t handle just being Brad’s sister, she wanted to be her own person and living in LS was her best chance of that.

“Alright alright. Fine you can stay.” Trevor relented suspiciously easily. Y/n eyed him carefully, knowing something was up. “However, I’m gonna keep an eye on you, make sure you don’t get into too much trouble… for Brad of course.”

Y/n frowned. Sure, it had been forever since she’s seen Trevor and she would love to spend more time with him, but if she remembered correctly Trevor was erratic and messy. She didn’t want him messing up her new apartment.

“Oh come on don’t give me that frown. Be happy, It’ll be you and me against the law! Well, you and me and the many pounds of crystal I have in the back.” Y/n let out a sigh in response to Trevor, not looking forward to being with her new babysitter.