A Night in the Hospital

Start from the beginning

As if on cue, Nick Goode walked toward Theo with a notepad and a pen, waving the boy over to his police car. Once Theo finally arrived, he huffed while leaning against the car, the blue and red lights flashing on and off his face.

"Theodore Fraser?" Goode asked, opening the notepad and writing the boys name down on the top of the paper.

"Theo's fine," he simply responded, looking down at his feet for a moment before meeting Sheriff Goode's eyes again.

"Alright, Theo. Wanna tell me what happened?" questioned Nick, looking at the boy with a stern frown.

"The car crashed if you couldn't tell," Theo said, looking into the distance, nodding towards the car that was smashed against the tree.

Nick looked at Theo with an annoyed look, finally taking a breath. "Was it pursuing you?" he asked.

"Well, it was driving behind our bus and throwing bottles at us. Does that count as pursuing?" Theo asked, looking up at the Sheriff with a raised brow.

"The driver said that before the crash someone opened the emergency exit," Goode added on, his eyes narrowing down at his notepad and back up at Theo.

"I don't remember that, sir," said Theo, fidgeting with the sleeves of his shirt.

"No?" Sheriff Goode asked. "He also saw you and Deena Johnson with the cooler."

Theo's heart sunk to his feet for a moment, but he couldn't let his guard down or else he and the others would be busted. "Did anyone else see that Mr. Goode?" he questioned.

Nick gave a silent chuckle before nodding at the boy. "Maybe you were just, um... goofing around, things got out of hand... why don't you just tell me what happened?"

"I don't know, I guess sometimes accidents just happen," Theo finished, swaying the heal of his shoe as he waited for Sheriff Goode's answer.

"Alright," Goode said, writing down something on his notepad before ripping a page out, handing it to Theo. "Well if you do think of anything, give me a call... I'm on your side."

"Yeah, totally," Theo said before turning his back to the Sheriff and walking away, looking back at the Sheriff who was still writing in his notepad.

"My car is totaled," Theo was quickly grabbed by Peter, held in place by the jock.

"Oh well, daddy will buy you a new one," Deena said, walking up beside Theo and motioning behind them where Sheriff Goode stared at Peter.

Peter then pulled Theo into a tight, forceful hug, faking a smile as he whispered into Theo's ear. "Shittyside trash. You are all fucking... dead."

Theo then pushed the boy away, Peter finally letting go of him before walking away leaving just him and Deena.

"What a fucking night."

It was now the next night, Theo found himself in a living room sitting beside Simon as he watched the news. Kate was stuck babysitting for the night so she invited both boys over to the owners house to help her out with some chores, along with their "side business."

"Can we please watch something e-"

"Shut up, I'm trying to hear dipshit!" Theo snapped, turning the tv up so he could hear better.