he reached over to kate and whispered in her ear.

"how the hell does she know that?"

kate shushed the boy before talking herself.

"jesus. yeah, why didn't i see this on the news?"

y/n gave the girl a solemn look, "because it happened thirty years ago."

"1965." josh spoke up.

he got up from the table, going over to his wall and ripping 5 newspaper scraps off of it.

"ruby is one of shadyside's killers. just like skull mask."

josh slid the picture of ryan torres on the table

y/n grabbed a paper from his hand.

"look. 1978. sixteen years ago. 'masked psycho murders kids at-"

kate cut y/n off.

"camp nightwing. yeah, my moms sister went there. messed my family up for a long time."

josh put another paper down.

"1950. harry rooker, local milkman slashes a bunch of housewives." 

another newspaper hit the table.

"1935. the humpty dumpty killer."

"1922. billy barker" 

"1904. grifter guts girls, and on and on."

everybody was looking at him, frightened looks visible on their faces. 

"it happens in shadyside over and over. normal people turn into psychos."

simon sighed, putting his head down. 

"jesus."

simon pulled out the last picture. a drawn image of cyrus miller, a pastor from 1666 was there. he was the first reported shadyside killer, back when shadyside was just the small colony of union. 

"cyrus miller. he was the pastor of shadyside back in 1666 when it was union."

all heads turned to the quiet girl once again.

"y/n, how do you know this stuff?"

y/n just shrugged, picking her fingernails.

"josh and i researched it all together. i'm very interested in it."

josh decided to speak up. 

"he was the first recorded shadyside killer. he... he killed kids and cut out their eyes."

sam stood straight up, making her way to the other room. deena shared a sorry look to the rest of the group before getting up and following sam. 

josh put another paper on the table rather roughly.

"it's sarah fier. she's turning shadysiders into killers."

kate looked up to josh from her seat at the table, seeing as josh was standing. 

"do you really believe that? i mean, no one actually believes this witch shit."

simon nodded, eagerly.

"yeah! it's just something babysitter's make up to scare kids."

y/n started zoning out at this point. they continued their bickering up until sam's voice broke through. they all turned their heads to find sam and deena next to each other. 

"i saw her. last night.. i dont. i dont know. i thought i hit my head. it was her. i saw the witch." 

everyone except y/n and deena were staring at sam, practically jaw-dropped.

"and y/n saw her too."

everyone's head's snapped towards the girl, who's head was faced toward sam, rolling her eyes at the girl.

"are you serious right now? why didnt you speak up before?" 

josh berated y/n. she held her hands up in surrender.

"hey! i wasnt sure what it was at first. im not even sure how i saw her."

"well, what happened before you saw her?"

"um, i remember that my nose was bleeding and i wiped it. i dont remember anything else besides that i wiped my hand off on the ground."

josh gave her a confused look. y/n rolled her eyes again.

"i dont know josh! i just wiped my bloody nose with my hand and i didnt want the blood on my hand anymore so i wiped it in the grass. that weird red stuff." 

josh started talking about his idea to put sarah fier's bones to rest. he thought that sam and y/n had touched her bones and thats why she's upset. 

all heads were faced towards him. all except for simon.

he was staring at y/n. his face was covered in a look of confusion and worry.

"lets get going."

kate said, grabbing the ambulance keys.

y/n nodded.

"we have a angry witch's bones to put to rest."