Rui nodded in thought. "Lost a leg to a Kisuki, eh?" He mused. "They're very similar, Kioti and your father." There was something hiding behind Rui's eye. A glint unlike one you'd ever seen. You figured it was because you were talking more about your human family.

"Yes," you said. You continued.

"I became a demonslayer because a Hashira saw... great potential in me, and I wanted to be able to protect my loved ones." You left out the part about your visions and you supposedly being destined to kill the Twelve Kisuki. "Then I was assigned to come here, and you attacked Kioti. Now I'm here."

You turned towards Rui. "It might not look like it, but Kioti has no hard feelings towards you. Don't be sad, please."

You locked yourself into Rui's gaze. The wind picked up, swirling around you.
"You promise? He doesn't despise me for it?"

You didn't realize your fingers were touching Rui's. You remembered the feeling of your hands intertwined, and fought your blush as you swam deeper into his trance.
"Yes. I promise," you whispered.

A small smile touched Rui's mouth. The wind played with his hair, threatening to uncover his left eye.

Your arm moved on it's own, curiosity taking over your body. Your hand slid onto his face, up towards his hair. Your fingers brushed against the pale pink locks, but before you could lift it away, your wrist was held back in the grip of a strong hand.
Rui stared into your eyes, stern and mysterious. "No."

You swallowed, a malapropos feeling of fear washing over you. You stuffed it down, and pulled your hand away from Rui's face.

Inside, Kioti leaned against a doorway casually. He glanced out the back window, doing a double take at what he saw. He watched as you looked up at Rui, and lifted a hand to his face.

"Kioti?" Wuyu asked, walking up to him.
He turned away from the window, trying to make sense of what he saw. Was something going on here? "Y-yeah?" Kioti stuttered.
"Can you show me some doctory stuff? Jiri was telling me about it and it sounds cool." Wuyu said.

"Sure..."

The second day was much less negative. You were glad to see Kioti warmed up the demons now. He was more at ease, and looked happy. You were especially glad that he and Rui seemed to get along, even if there was something strange in the air when they were together.

You did all sorts of things with the family, various games and activities you'd always do with Kioti when you were little. You even tried truth or dare, but things got violent so you decided to stop.

Rui pulled you aside later that day and asked you to go on a walk with him. Your face got hot, and you went with him. Kioti frowned as he watched you leave.

"They do that a lot," Jiri said, coming up next to Kioti.

"They do?" Kioti repeated.

"Mhm. Y/n is Rui's favorite sibling. It's not official, but it's ridiculously obvious. He spends a lot of his time with her," Jiri stated.
Kioti tried to hide his frown. He didn't know why that bothered him so much… he had serious protective vibes at that moment.

On the walk, you could swear your face was getting redder than a tomato. You kept wondering if Rui was going to hold your hand again… the memory sent shivers up your spine.

Still, you only kept up small talk or silence as you trekked through the dense fog. You were about to turn back when a vision flashed past your eyes ever so briefly.

It was the same one you'd seen the first day you arrived at the house. Rui holding you, pressing you up against a wall and putting his lips onto yours. You gritted your teeth and squeezed your eyes shut, blushing fire.

"Is everything alright?" Rui asked, looking down at you.

You forced your muscles to relax, but your heart was beating as if you were running a marathon. You looked back up at Rui. You gave into your carnal self and let your mind wander to the thoughts of being in love with him.

You covered your face in embarrassment but quickly moved your hands to your sides. "Yes, everything's just fine!" You said.

Rui blinked, unconvinced. Suddenly you felt his fingers on your forehead, then he slid them into your hair. His grip was tight, almost making you flinch. He lifted your head to look at him.

Not.
Helping.

"Y/n…" he whispered, a smirk creeping onto his face.

He leaned closer to you and your breathing hitched. You felt his lips brushing the side of your cheek as he breathed into your ear.

"Are you hot? I'd say it's rather cool out…"

He leaned back away and looked at your face. "Your face is very red."

You tried to think of a reply quick. "Yeah it's pretty cold out." Idiot! That did not help your situation!

He slid his hand down your face to your chin, tipping it up the way he did. "Then tell me, why do you flush? Is my assumption correct, or could you, my own sister, be fluste-"

"Let's go back to the house!" You said loudly, interrupting him before he could finish his sentence. He smirked, but followed.

The walk back was one in silence, but not at all disconnected. You were deep in thought,  having a hard time accepting your feelings. You'd been shoving them away for so long, but how could you deny them anymore? The only thing that held you back was fear.

Fear of two things. One being that Rui wouldn't return your emotions. You were his figurative sister… sure he flirted with you a lot, but that was just his personality, right?

The second fear was more primitive. As much as you trusted and loved the demons in Rui's family, something still scared you when thinking about being sexually attracted to a member of the species that haunted and ate mankind.

"You're back!" Wuyu said happily as you came out of the forest into the front yard.

"Mhm!" You said. "Have you seen Jiri anywhere?"

"She was talking with Kioti in the backyard a bit ago. Maybe they're still there," Wuyu replied.

"Thanks, Wu. See you later, Rui." You headed towards the backyard, leaving the two boys to themselves.

Sure enough, Kioti and Jiri were in the back yard. You didn't know what they were doing before, but they turned to look at you when you approached.

"How was your walk?" Kioti asked.
"Good," you responded.

Jiri stood up with a big toothy grin and grabbed your hands, pulling you down to sit with her.

"Kioti has shown me the most amazing things! He's so smart!" She beamed.

Kioti rubbed the back of his head. "Not really…"

I scoffed. "Not really, only the best doctor I've ever heard of."

Jiri looked at him in awe and he chuckled bashfully. You continued to talk with them for the rest of the day.

Kioti noticed you were in a strange mood, happy, but flustered and a little confused. Something had definitely happened on your walk… and he was gonna find out what.