"Are you going to keep kicking your legs like a fucking child?"

"I'm sorry that I like to have fun,"

"You're fucking weird,"

"Are you just going to keep insulting me or relax a bit?"

He grew startled at that question, their eyes locking briefly. Her eyes held a glint of sincerity and he could tell she was hesitant on asking such a question, her teeth pinning down her bottom lip as she chewed on it. "You haven't stopped fidgeting this entire time and you're really tense. There's a bar, we could always—"

"—no."

The answer was clear and concise. Bakugo didn't want alcohol. Alcohol always made things worse in his eyes; he especially wasn't going to have it considering the environment they were in now. Y/n pursed her lips before smiling. "Okay," She didn't bother pressing on it anymore, her gaze wandering around the crowd.

He blinked at her as if expecting her to be more nosy all of a sudden. He hated this. He hated the push and pull that came with her. He annoyed her to no end and she practically made him wish he was dead, but still, she sat with him. In his most vulnerable moment, she stood by him. Bakugo didn't think she realized it, but she was much more valuable than she made herself out to be.

He was starting to understand why Denki and Sero were so protective of her in the first place and why Zada was her best friend. With Y/n's caring nature, it was easy for people to take advantage of her and although he wasn't sure if that had happened in the past, it was clear that her friends were adamant about that never happening.

Yet, they trusted her with him, one of the most 'messed-up' people according to the media.

There was only one reason for that: they didn't care about the media. And according to their tastes in friends, Y/n didn't either. Y/n didn't either. His eyes widened in realization and he glanced up at her. All this time, she had put in her effort to make him feel comfortable with her, but she hardly expected anything in return.

Simply put, Y/n was selfless and Bakugo was selfish.

Still, she stood by him. She ignored all of his insults and banter and threw it right back at him; if that was what it took to make him feel safe with her, then it was only right for him to return that exact effort. Bakugo stood up suddenly, grasping her wrist and tugging her towards the bar.

Y/n blinked in confusion but followed after his footsteps, surprised by his abrupt attitude change. Even Kirishima seemed concerned but stopped worrying when Bakugo waved him off dismissively. "Alright, let's get some fucking drinks," Y/n didn't pester as to why he was like this, simply nodding in agreement as a smile shaped her lips.

"Negroni for me,"

"Shirley Temple please!"

A childish expression was on her face and Bakugo glanced over at her, his heart thumping in his chest. He'd never admit it, but she was beautiful. And above all, she made him feel safe. "So, do I get to know why your mom had a child leash for you?" Y/n got her drink pretty quickly, sipping it slowly while staring at him with curious eyes.

Immediately, she was met with a glare. Y/n turned her head away. "Oh, wow! What a nice song!" She exclaimed loudly, making Kirishima start laughing from afar. Even April, his girlfriend, laughed a bit and waved at Y/n. The actress happily waved back before turning her attention back to Bakugo.

"Do you even know the damn song?" Bakugo asked as she blanched.

"Of course, it's the Teletubbies theme."