The Warewolf AU (3/5) || 03

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you say anything? Your... your silence is making me crazy hyung, please. You know I will never step against you, just one command hyung, I swear I'll end all of them, just one word of yours..."

Jimin looked away, well aware that all Jungkook said was anything but lie. He could hear the boy breathing unevenly, maybe due excessive frustration while still staring at Jimin.

"Please tell me he was lying..." Jungkook said, almost in a begging tone of voice, earning a glance from the elder. "Please, hyung just this once, I won't ever mention it again... just tell me he was lying, all Osccur said was bullshit, you're my brother and Riri's brother. You're Jeon Jimin, not Park... Please, end this, I can't take it anymore..."

Jimin's gaze fell, and for the first time in his life he feared losing everything he has in the name of family. Even the deadliest of clashes between conflicting packs never scared him the way Jungkook's few words did. Ignoring the heavy lump forming in his throat and tears filling his eyes, he glanced at Jungkook with a small smile.

"It's true" He said almost like a whisper and for a moment he felt like he lost his brother forever.

Jungkook stared at him, a tear dropping from his eyes as he shook his head in response, rubbing his eyes to claer his vision and left his seat, kneeling in front of his hyung, breathing deeply, "No... I- I don't belive that, you're lying too. How can it be- true? It's... No, it's not... it can't be..."

"It is, Jungkook." Jimin nodded, blinking away his own tears, patted the boy's head. "I don't know how Osccur knows this, but it's true... I'm not Jeon's blood."

Jungkook's head hung low, as the boy withdrew his hand back from Jimin's wiping his tears and glanced up at him, "But dad always-"

"Loved me and prioritised me?" He asked, earning a nod from Jungkook, "He did, because I was good, even if I'm not his blood, I'd've been the alpha anyway if not here then maybe at my original pack. I'll tell you everything in detail."

"Your father attacked Soir's pack many years back when I was very small and you weren't even born. The fight ended up pretty bad for Soir, he lost a lot of his members, females and even pups. Your dad had won. I was one of those who survived. One of Jeon's wolves saw me and I was almost dead, but your dad told them not to harm me, I was about eleven weeks old or so.

"He knew I was the next alpha. He brought me with him, with the thought of training me along with the pups in his pack. He loved me and made sure that I got the right treatment. Not like killing me with his fifteen wolves would've been hard, but we both had grown attached to each other. Even I didn't want to leave, I had a mother, a father, then even got a brother later, and five amazing friends who'd die for each other."

Jungkook's face remained untouched with emotions, eyes stared on the floor blankly while ears focused on Jimin's voice.

"With time he said I should be the one to take over if anything happens to him. I wasn't sure about that, since you should be the one doing that, or maybe Yoongi or Namjoon, anyone except me actually. But he didn't listen... he had decided to make me the the leader of the pack after him, claiming that I'll be his bravest son. That was the best thing I had ever heard, honestly. But mom didn't like that. She wanted you to be given that position.

"They used to argue and yell at each other. Dad would always stand up for me, and from there I saw their relationship slowly becoming distant. I still have a hard time taking in the fact that I am the reason, they grew apart..." Jimin sighed deeply, remembering the exact day he saw the Jeons tearing apart in pieces before his eyes.

"No!" The mother had yelled and a glass vase flew towards the wall, breaking into a hundreds of small, shiny pieces.

Jaehyun glared at her and before Jimin stepped in stop him, everything was already silent, the woman looked at him, holding her cheek and tears brimming her eyes, spelling a curse that ached the boy's heart, "You, Jimin... You ruined our family, our pack... you're making my life a living hell. I regret accepting you here..."