✿Chapter 28: Stuck in a Shell✿

Start from the beginning

"Ruddiger! Get down here!" Varian yelled. you watched as Pascal grabbed the apple and ran on a branch before slipping on Hamuel and jumping into Maximus. The horse started acting up turning the cart many more times. You watched as the animals fought only stopping when Rapunzel stood up.

"Enough!" She shouted, "Maybe it's time for you all to just shake hands and get along. I mean, shake hoof and tail or beak and paw... Is that what raccoons have? Paws? I can never remember if it's paws or feet." She shook her head, "Oh, well. Just shake what you've got and get on with it."

You glanced over the rail of the cart and noticed the shell starting to glow, a beam of light was released from the shell. It surrounded the group of you and you were all pulled into the shell. You landed on a bunch of pillows on top of Varian. You sat up, your arms on either side of the boy, and rolled off of him. You looked up and saw an eye peeking through a large window at the top of the shell.

"Okay... Either we've somehow been magically shrunk down and imprisoned inside the shell pendant..." Rapunzel started.

"Or?" Catalina asked.

Rapunzel looked back at the girl, "Or... Yeah, sorry. I was hoping I'd think of something more positive sounding by the time I finished that thought but I've got nothing." She said, shrugging. The two girls looked dishearted, "It's okay! It's okay! We'll find a way out of here. We have been in much worse situations. Definitely not weirder, but worse."

"What have I ever done to deserve this?" Angry yelled, dramatically.

Varian looked over at her, "Di-didn't you steal from, you know, dozens of people?" He asked, thinking she was serious.

"Oh, right. We're doomed." Angry said sarcastically, rolling her eyes and then chucking a pillow at him. He caught it in front of him, about to throw it back at her but Rapunzel took the pillow instead. Varian sent her a sassy look.

"Chin up, guys! I bet Max and the others are already on their way to get help. I'm sure we will be free in no time." She said, tossing the pillow to the side. You glanced over at Varian and picked up a pillow, hitting him in the head with it.

He glanced over at you, a mischievous look on his face before tackling you to the ground. He pinned you to the ground with his legs straddling your hips and began hitting you with a pillow. You grabbed a pillow from next to you and blocked his hits, you noticed how softly he was hitting you. He was thinking about your arm and trying not to hit it too hard. You both started laughing before he fell to the ground by your side, both of you rolling on the floor in laughter.

Angry looked over at you two, rolling her eyes, "Ew." She stuck her tongue out.

"I think it's cute!" Catalina said. Rapunzel walked back over to the group.

"Hey guys, I think we should try to reach the window up top." She said.

Angry crossed her arms, "How? Huh? What are we gonna do stand on each other's shoulder?"

✿✿✿

"I was joking!" Angry shouted.

You were still on the ground, due to your injured arm while the others were towering up to look through the window.

"Well? What do you see?" Rapunzel asked Catalina who was at the top.

She was holding onto the ledge of the crystal window, "Um... it looks like we're moving." She glanced down at the others.

"W-where is Max taking us?" Varian asked.

Catalina looked up, "Ugh. Max isn't the one carrying us." She said, disgust laced in her voice, "Dwayne is."