Something bad is brewing

Start from the beginning

"We're staying here," she said helping me dress up. She put me in bed and hugged me tightly.

I was laying not being able to sleep. And there wasn't even a second that I didn't feel Emily next to me, her warm arms holding me and her even breathing calming me down.

If yesterday I wanted to hurt myself or buy some drugs, today I didn't want anything.

After some time I fell asleep.

Emily:

She'd been awake for a couple of hours and she finally fell asleep. I didn't wanna leave her. I didn't want her to wake up and realize that she is alone. So I was there, hugging her and letting her rest.

Back to Y/N:

I opened my eyes and felt that Em was still here. I didn't know what changed while I was sleeping but I felt a little better than I did this morning. Maybe it was her. For the first time, I wasn't alone when a wave of depression washed over me. I slowly turned around. She was awake.

She looked me in the eyes with a little smile like she felt I was better.

"Thank you," I whispered, "for not leaving." She kissed me on the forehead.

"Do you want something to eat? Or coffee maybe?" she asked. She always knew what I wanted.

"Coffee would be great."

She got out of bed and left the room.

Emily:

I went to the first floor to buy coffee. She was feeling better. She wasn't a ghost anymore. That warmed my heart. I'd never thought I would be so happy to hear someone talking. Just talking, nothing more. But it somehow gave me hope that she would get so much better one day.

This day made me realize how much I love her and don't wanna lose her.

Back to Y/N:

Emily came back in 10 minutes with 2 cups of coffee. She gave me one and sat next to me.

"Might be hot," she said.

"Here is only one thing is hot and it's you," I said without any emotions. Just stated the obvious.

"I'm glad you talking, baby," she smiled and took a sip of her coffee.

"I used to cut my wrists. I haven't done it in so many years. I don't know why I almost did it yesterday. I guess I just wanted to make my emotions less annoying. Something bad is brewing, Em. And I don't want you to get hurt."

"I know you care about my safety, but I'm sure that together we won't fall," she put her cup on the bedside table, "Tell me what's wrong, honey." She didn't ask me about self-harm like understood that it was an uncomfortable topic for me.

"Remember someone was calling me at Rossi's?"

She nodded.

"It wasn't the first time and it wasn't the last. I asked Garcia to check the number. It's not registered and I was the only one it was calling to."

"Did you answer it?"

"No, not once," I sighed, "but I think I know who it is," I lowered my eyes and put the empty cup next to Emily's.

She took my hand, "Who do you think it is?"

"My foster dad. And when he finds me, it's gonna be bad."

We stayed silent for a minute and then Emily broke it.

"Thank you for trusting me," she said pulling me closer to her, "I'll do everything to make sure he never finds you."

"Promise me that you tell everyone only if something happens to me. I don't want them to run around me and worry," I said raising my eyes on her.

"I promise, baby," she intertwined her pinky and mine. It became our thing. Every time we promised each other something we did it.

Emily:

"You missed work because of me," she whispered.

"I did something more important today," I said and she smiled a little without her teeth.

And it melted my heart.

Back to Y/N:

We were sitting in silence and it didn't feel awkward. We heard a knocking and Emily went to open the door.

"Hey, Reid," she said.

"JJ said Y/N was sick so I decided to bring her a soup," he smiled.

"Come in."

"Hey," he sat next to me.

"Hey, Spencie."

"I brought you some soup," he gave me a plastic container, "how are you feeling?"

"Thank you, I'm better. Thanks to Emily," and I gave her a little smile.

"I'm glad to hear it."

"How was work?" I asked.

"We found his workplace and one more body inside of it. Just have to catch him now."

"That's good."

We talked for a little more and he said he was going to go have some sleep.

"Night, Spencie."

"Sweet dreams, Y/N," he smiled, "you too, Emily."

Emily:

I closed the door and went to brush my teeth before sleep. My phone buzzed. A text from Reid.

Reid: I know she wasn't sick in the way you told JJ and Hotch. So thank you for making her feel better. I know it's not easy. She's lucky to have you in her life.

I was reading it and didn't even realize that I was smiling.

Emily: That's me who's lucky.

I turned off the lights and laid down wrapping my arms around her. I couldn't stop smiling.

____________

I low-key love this chapter. idk why.