Part 12

At the time of dinner, when he was seated opposite to Shashi, Buaji and Garima he told about the sim card misuse in the name of Khushi.

His sharp eyes noticed the way Buaji froze in the middle of the dinner.

"But don't worry uncle, I have instructed Aman to file a complaint. Whoever it is I will make sure he/she won't dare to do it again."

The warning in his words were loud and clear. Shashi Payal and Garima were showing the reaction he expected. But buaji was trying to hide her nervousness. She was quite after that conversation and resigned for the day saying she was not feeling well.

If it was buaji who took simcard using Khushi's ID, what was her benefit from it? He was already married to Khushi at that time. There was a connection which he was not able to find.

They left from Gupta house after dinner, instead of going back to Shantivan he asked Mohan to drive towards India Gate. Khushi looked at him with questioning eyes.

"We can go for a walk through Rajpath, if you are not too tired. Otherwise we can go for a long drive, I can ask Mohan to take a taxi from here. What you want?"

"walk" She replied with a smile.

Mohan parked the car and both of them came out. When they started walking on the 1.5 km road, they found many vendors who sell many varieties of products. A lot of fast food stalls were there which included Golgappa, Chowmen, Chat stalls, Momo stalls, traditional hot corn, Ice cream vendors, Gola or Chuski vendors, drinks and many more. He bought two cups of tea and continued their walk.

 He bought two cups of tea and continued their walk

"Khushi.."

"hmmm" She slowly sipped her hot tea and looked sideways.

" You remember you told me that day, If we become close to each other, you will open up to me. Why did you agree to marry me?"

Hearing no response from her end, he held her hand and said.

"Ok if you feel we are still not close enough to reveal the reason. I will wait. Its ok. "

They continue to walk holding hands.

"I needed time ." She said after few minutes.

"Time for what?" He asked in confusion.

He looked at her keenly. The cold breeze made her dress move as if it was alive, and her hair swept across her features. She looked like an angel from heaven. But her eyes were sad. He didn't like that. He want to see her eyes sparkle with joy always.

"I wanted to complete my studies and get a job for myself. "

"But you were younger, Payal should have got married first right?"

"Yes but when the boys family who came meet her wanted to marry me so buaji decided to got me married first."

"But.. why did they consider the proposal of someone like Shyam for you? Even if they were unware of his true colors, he was still a divorcee and much older than you."