Chapter One

Misha POV
LOCATION: After School

*yawns* "Damn i hate having to walk all the way from school, shit is exhausting" i mumbled to myself while trying to speed walk home. I seen my neighbors, i waved and kept walking. I finally reached home, i knew I couldnt stay long because I had to switch out my clothes and get ready for work, thank god this was the last week of school for me, senior year was a big deal and I knew my home girl camila was planning the bombest party after graduation, we deciced to stack our chips up so we could buy everything, me personally I decided to get a job working at the mall, i work in a little boutique it ain't fancy but it pays the bills so far.

I groaned when i opened the door and seen everyone wasn't home, i shooked my head and headed upstairs. I changed into my work uniform, i grabbed my backpack and dumped my books out and put my ipad, pink beats by dre, and my wallet in my backpack. I grabbed the keys and started trucking towards the bus stop.

I checked my watch and seen it was quarter till 4, i seen the bus pulling up, i grabbed my spare changed and hopped on, i was walking towards the middle of the bus when i seen Camila sitting there.

"Girl how yo ass catch the same bus as me???" I laughed and sat next to her. "Shitt, i wasn't tryna be late again, my boss already tryna fire me for my good looks." She laughed and fixed her hair

"Lawwd let's focus on getting work on time, " i sunked back into the seat and waited for our stop at the mall.

Mall

*checks nails* "What lina????" I rolled my eyes at my coworker she been giving me hell since I first got the job. "I need you to stack the shelves again," she gave me this bitchy smile and walked off.*sighs*

I walked towards the back of the store to stock the shelves,i spent the next 4 hours at work, i almost died of boredeom, when I looked at the clock and seen 7:30, i smiled and grabbed my bag and clocked out.

*grins from ear to ear* "Yaaay i get to gooo homeeeee" i was singing to myself, camilia was already walking behind, we caught the bus together and decided to walk in a pact so no creep ass wouldn't try to snatch us, it's been a rumor going around the neighborhood this dude wearing a black hoodie, it's a urban legend because nobody seen him but, they call him the vampire of compton, whenever you see him you know your time is up, he comes from the shadows of the darkest place, snatches you up and drinks ya blood...blah blah blah, i dont believe that shit for one minute, first off this compton. Two no nigga will ever run up on a black girl, without getting his ass beat. I've been hearing that story since I was 11, people say it's true some say it's not, i choose to not care.

Camilia: Girl you better speed up i aint tryna get snatched now.

Me: oh you still believe that vamp shit?

Camilia: Girl yes, them things ain't no joke, my cuzzo got snatched up like that, may she rest in peace.

Me: oh wow....look it's 2015 nothing can happen to us, i got my pepper spray and my switch blade.

Camilia: i got my gun, and my tazer, i aint playing either.

Me: Okay then why we even worried about it. It isn't like a dude gone jump out the bushes and bite our necks.

Camilia: true.

We kept walking, i went slient and went into my thoughts

Ehhhh, maybe I'm not too sure, that vamp thing is kinda creepy, plus it is dark.....

I kept looking around, i felt a cool breeze, i ignored and headed home, camilia was already in the house, i was humming a song while walking down the street, I could hear the crickets and the wind blowing.

I knew it was getting ready to be pitch dark once I hit the corner from my house*sighs* I kept walking forward, till I felt something behind me. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around. It was this cute light skinned guy, i could see he had tattoos, he had this black hoodie on with the words "Boolin" in the front with red written, he smiled at me,

"Don't you know it's dangerous to be walking out here alone???" He said while standing by this car.

"Hmmm...yeah I do....and you are???" I was being hella salty, first off i dont like nobody walking behind specially in the dark and it was a cold night. He flashed his smile and nodded his head.

"i guess you never heard of that urban legend before huh????" He was walking real slow.

"Yeaah that ole bullshit story about the vampire of compton and how he snatches up his victims and drinks their blood...." i was reaching in my back pocket for my switchblade while talking.

"i dont know about the whole snatching shit, Me personally I like to take things slow....and easy." He turned around and I seen his fangs come out. He entire face went from cute to scary as hell, i screamed. He rushed up on me and covered my mouth. I could see his glowing eyes. He was chuckling.

"Awww...I thought you didn't believe in myths, baby I've been doing this for years" he licked his fang. His eyes were red like fire, it was a deep glow to them he almost could light up the street with his eyes. I swallowed, and was tryna get away from his grip.

"Oh my goddd!! Okay okay, I believe just stop this prank and let me go home!!!" I was about to start crying, i seen his hands moving around my neck, he was playing with my hair.

"Hmmmm you a fresh one too...mmm imma enjoy this." He smiled and I felt his hand grip my neck, he pushed his head down and I felt his fangs hit my neck, my eyes rolled back, he held me down till I felt my body turning cold, all I could hear was him sucking the life outta me, he stopped and licked my fresh blood off his lips.

"Damn, you tasty, " he smiled at me, I laid on the ground numb, i couldnt move any muscles, he snatched me off the ground and took me into this car, i was in the back seat when i passed out.