"Okay I'll try," she said placing her bag down. I smiled at her before taking her hands in mine. I knew it was most definitely going to hurt but I had to give it a shot.

"No matter what don't stop. I may scream but I don't want you to stop," I said as her eyes widened with fear and concern but she didn't pull away. "Ready?" I asked as she took a breath before nodding. Her eyes flashed orange as she started to focus her magic. I was quick to start reaching for the energy building inside her. Pain rocketed through me as I gasped but clung tightly to Bloom as her fire magic entered my body. Every inch of me wanted to collapse under the agony but I let her magic assault me as I stood there. I felt brief flashes of my own magic winding around Bloom's pulling her power deeper and deeper into my body. After almost a half hour her magic had faded and she let go of my hands. I staggered over to one of the rocks in the stone circle leaning on it. "God it hurts like a bitch." I breathed heavily.

"Are you alright?" Bloom asked me coming to stand beside me.

"Yup," I muttered as my nerves sent pain through me with each movement. "I just need a minute."

"We have class with Dowling. We are already late," Bloom said as I groaned.

"Great she's going to be pissed," I mumbled as Bloom showed me we were five minutes late right now. "She's going to ask questions." I sighed as I took a few wobbly steps.

"I'll tell her you didn't feel well and I took you to the suite," Bloom said as I smiled. "It worked for me when I wanted to go to the East wing."

"Can you help me to the suite?" I asked her knowing it would be faster with help. Bloom stepped closer her arm on my waist supporting me. We walked as fast as possible to the suite and once I was inside she turned and ran to class giving my mother the excuse she invented. I went straight to my bed curling up trying not to let the pain overload me. I drifted between sleep and being awake for a few hours before my mother came into the suite with Bloom.

"Brie," my mother came to my side concern on her face. "Bloom said you were sick."

"Yeah, it's just a headache," I said as she put her hand to my head only to pull it back her lips parted.

"You are burning up," she said sitting on the bed beside me. Bloom and I glanced at each other and I knew the heat was most likely a temporary affect of the fire magic that traveled through my body.

"I tend to get hot when I have a headache," I lied as my mother frowned tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'd feel better if Ben took a look at you," she said as I groaned.

"I promise if I don't feel better tomorrow I'll go see him," I reluctantly offered. She sighed but didn't say anything more about seeing him. "Can I go back to sleep now?" I asked softly as she gave me a small loving smile planting a kiss on my forehead.

"I'll check on you in the morning," she said firmly before getting up. She and Bloom left my room my mother hitting the lights on her way out.

After Bloom walked my mother out reassuring her that the girls would take care of me she returned. Bloom came into the room standing next to the bed.

"Are you really okay? Did I hurt you?" Bloom asked with worry in her green eyes. "Maybe we should have told Dowling."

"Bloom, it's just a side affect of fire magic. I'm sure that after you use fire magic you run hot too. If I had to guess your magic is still weaving it's way through my body if it's doing what we hoped," I said firmly. "Now I'm exhausted so can I go to sleep now."

"Fine but if you aren't better in the morning I'll hold you to your promise to see Mr. Harvey," Bloom said her eyes filled with determination.

"Fine," I snapped before I turned onto my side my back to the fire fairy. Bloom left the room after I had rolled. I shut my eyes letting myself slip into unconsciousness.

When I woke the next morning I still felt some pain but I didn't feel the burning feeling of Bloom's fire magic inside my body anymore. I got out of my bed grabbing jeans and a tank top pulling them on before selecting a purple leather jacket to wear. I also put on my black boots. I left my room finding Bloom waiting for me.

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked as I nodded.

"Definitely. The burning has subsided," I said simply.

"Do you feel stronger?" She asked as I frowned.

"No but that doesn't mean it didn't work," I stated. "Now I'm going to grab something before class." I strode out of the suite not giving Bloom a chance to respond. I reached the cafeteria grabbing some cereal before moving to sit with Aisha and Musa. I saw the look on Musa's face as her eyes flashed magenta.

"Dowling is worried," Musa said as I looked over at my mother who was sitting with the other faculty whispering to each other.

"Can you tell why?" I asked as Musa focused her power on my mother before she let out a frustrated sigh.

"I can't get anything other than concern," she said as I stared over at my mother taking a bite of my food. I wondered if Rosalind had made an appearance and I wasn't informed. I made a mental note to stay after my first class to speak to my mother about her obvious worry. I ate the last few bites before I got up.

I glanced at the clock seeing I had a few minutes to spare before class and decided to go to the stone circle. I smiled as I stepped out into the sunlight. The warm caress of light reminded me why I loved the stone circle. I stepped closer and closer to the vessel letting my fingertips graze it. I ignored the pain the rushed through me when I touched the vessel and instead reminisced about how much I enjoyed being in the circle channeling my power. I didn't stay there long knowing I had to get to class. When I arrived at the classroom I was surprised to find there weren't other students present yet, just my mother.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as she looked up from her papers to me.

"They are late it seems," she said as I sat down at the closest desk to hers.

"Mom, is something wrong?" I asked hesitantly. I had planned to ask after class but now was just as good a time as any to ask. I watched her freeze in place at my question. "First you strength the barrier and now you seem worried. Please don't hide things from me." I said moving around my desk to come stand in front of her.

"It's nothing. I just am concerned. It's not like Rosalind to gain an advantage and not use it," my mother said as I took my mother's hand.

"I think she is waiting to see if my magic comes back. She had no way of knowing if the damage was permanent so she most likely won't come for a few more weeks," I said softly. "I get you want to prepare for whatever is coming but the fact is we don't know what she is planning or when she will come. As hard as it is you should try and not think about it." I said giving her a caring look.

"You are right, I just worry mostly that she will hurt you," she said looking up at me.

"I'm tougher than I look. I get that from you," I said shooting her a playful smirk as she let out a laugh. "Now what's on the agenda today?"

"A long lecture about combining magic," she said as I grinned.

"Well that should be interesting," I said before moving back to my desk as students finally began to pour in for class. The Winx girls all took seats around me. Bloom sitting next to me with Stella while Aisha, Terra and Musa sat just behind us. I settled in as a genuine smile spread across my lips for the first time in weeks.