22. Normalising Life

Start from the beginning

“I haven't forgotten everything yet Arnav ji.” She completed. 

He looked at her with his eyes full of guilt. Right. He was wrong. Really wrong. But then his expressions changed to hurt. Isn't he trying his level best?

“What are we then?” He asked in a calm voice but his face reflected sadness.

“Just friends…” She replied.

“No Khushi. We are not friends even. Friends do trust each other.” He whispered, tucking her hair strand behind her ear. 

He then took a step back, making her look at him properly.

“For now, we are two people, who love eachother but aren't able to come back together because past happenings are too much to be forgotten. I understand that Khushi….” 

Khushi felt guilty looking at his sad demeanour. 

“Arna-” 

“You can go Khushi. I ain't stopping you.” He spoke not letting her complete. 

Then she realised he was standing away from her, in a safe distance.

Gosh! This guy will make her go crazy. She even forgets about her surroundings when he is in front of her. Her heartbeats shoot up whenever he is near her. 

She took a deep breath and left. She couldn't help herself but say all those things to him. 

‘Stop it Khushi! Stop thinking about him and prepare to meet your Amma and bua ji!’ She scolded herself in her mind and stopped herself from thinking about this any further.
_______________________________

“Khushi..!” Garima squealed as soon as she saw Khushi standing on the door.

“Amma…” Khushi whispered teary eyed. 

Garima hugged her daughter tightly and didn't leave her for few minutes. She missed her daughter badly and guilt over it increased her misery. 

“Let her come in Garima!!” They heard bua ji shout and they broke the hug.

“Chal….” Garima whispered and Khushi nodded. Holding Khushi's hand, Garima brought her inside. 

“Sankadevi….” Bua ji whispered and she too was teary eyed.

“Bua ji…” Khushi whispered and ran to her bua ji.

Bua ji hugged Khushi and then they broke the hug.

“Humka maaf kardiyo khusi… Hum… Hum bahuut kuch bol gye uss din… Humar galti hai… Hum-” Bua ji started to apologise but Khushi stopped her shaking her head continuosly.

“Nhi… Bua ji… Jo hua use bhool jate hain… Bade maafi mangte ache nhi lagte… Aap toh hume daantti, sankadevi bulati hi achi lagti ho…” Bua ji nodded and again hugged Khushi caressing her hairs. 

Khushi sniffled.

“Khushi…” Garima called her.

Khushi came out of the hug looked at Garima.

“Amma…” This time Khushi's voice quivered and she finally cried hugging her mother. 

All the tears she controlled from the time she confronted Arnav, flowed out now. She was in her mother's embrace and nothing can match the warmth of mother's embrace. 

“Amma… Hum bahut akele ho gye the…  Sab hume galat samjh rahe the… Hum… Hum toh ro bhi nhi paa rahe the…” She complained and became a little girl in front of her mother.