22. Normalising Life

Start from the beginning

“Everyone is sorry and missing you. They so want to meet you but they know you aren't ready to meet them. Not yet…” Payal answered understanding what she was trying to ask.

“I don't know how to….” She mumbled not looking at Payal.

“Khushi….” Payal called her softly and holding her shoulders, Payal turned Khushi to face herself.

“You just have to go there Khushi. Then everything will happen on its own and you just go with the flow….” Payal tried to make her understand.

“But… Jiji…. It doesn't look good… Elders asking for forgiveness doesn't look good….” Khushi told her problem.

“If one has done mistake, then it's their duty to apologise and correct it.” 

“But it will become awkward….” Khushi voiced out her main worry. 

“So, don't make it awkward na… Simple…” Khushi looked at Payal confused.

“Khushi…. Just be yourself. Your old self knows how to handle things. Don't worry…” Khushi nodded. 

Payal smiled at her younger sister and went back to work. 

Feeling relieved and light, Khushi came out and started to go upstairs in the guest room where she is staying. 

‘Jiji is right. What's wrong with you Khushi? Hey Devi Maiya! Poori duniya ke saath saath hum bhi pagal ho jayenge…’ She spoke in her mind.

Leaving all her worries on her Devi Maiya, she moved towards her room, humming. Suddenly she was pulled in a room and a hand was clasped on her mouth stopping her from shouting. Her eyes went wide and she let out muffled sounds.

“Amm… Ammm!” 

“Khush! It's me Arnav!” Arnav spoke removing his hand from her mouth. 

He has pinned her to the door of his room. He was standing too close that it would have made her blush but his actions bubbled up the anger in her. She pushed him, keeping her both hands on his chest. He staggered back.

“Are you an idiot or what? I would have died out of heart attack out there! Huh!” 

Instead of replying anything, he started to come close to her. She glared at him but he didn't stop. She pushed herself back in the door as much as she could. He came extremely close to her and his breath fell on her face. She tried to maintain the eye contact confidently but she was a mess from inside. He caressed her cheek with the back of his hand and she looked at other side. His actions were making her all mushy mushy.

“Arnav ji…” She whispered.

“Khushi… Don't you trust me enough to tell me you are planning to go back to Gupta house?” He asked her in a whisper.

She took in a long breath. Do she? From the time she have given him chance, it's only him who is giving his hundred percent to go on in the relationship. But-

Her thought process stopped in middle as she felt his lips on her cheek. She closed her eyes relishing the feel. No one other than him can do this. No one.

‘Morals? Beliefs? Roots? What are you talking about? HOMEWRECKER does not have any moral, belief or character!!’ 

His words came back to her like a flying arrow pointed to her and stabbed her heart. Here, in this room only, he said all those words. She instantly opened her eyes.

“I have just given you a chance. Neither I have forgiven you, nor I trust you.” She spoke in a soft tone. Then turning her head towards him, she looked in his eyes.