Chapter 16: Mr. Independent

Start from the beginning

Akaza: "Here, why don't I pick these up while you get a broom and sweep up the ones that came untied. You don't have to, but I'm just saying, this will get done faster."

Senjuro hesitated.

Senjuro: "Well, I guess you're right."

He got up and grabbed a broom. I picked up the teabags. He swept the herbs into a pile.

Senjuro: "Is it true you won't eat us..?"

Akaza: "No. At this point, I'd rather die than eat Kyojuro or do anything that would make him sad. Plus, you're his brother and you look like a mini him so I wouldn't want to eat you anyways."

He let out a sigh of relief.

Senjuro: "So why.. Why Kyojuro? I mean, I understand he's a great person and I look up to him very much.. I just find it a bit odd why suddenly a powerful demon would just befriend a Hashira."

Akaza: "Well, in truth.. I kind of.. Like him. Like, like him."

Senjuro went wide eyed and blushed a little.

Senjuro: "Y-you're in love with him??"

Akaza: "Shush! Don't say it out loud!"

Senjuro: "S-sorry."

Akaza: "It's fine. He already knows. It's just embarrassing when people say it out loud."

Senjuro: "Does he like you back?"

Akaza: "I don't know. He told me in order for him to consider having a relationship with me, I'd have to become human first. Which, I've now made that my highest goal."

Senjuro: "Wow. Is that even possible?"

Akaza: "I don't know, but if my boss was able to make me a demon, I'm sure he has a way of turning me back into a human."

Senjuro: "Alright."

Kyojuro: "Hey! The water is boiling!"

Senjuro got up and grabbed the teapot.

Senjuro: "Coming!"

I picked up the last of the tea bags and put them in a spot where Senjuro could reach them. Senjuro jogged over to Kyojuro with the teapot, and Kyojuro poured the boiling water into the teapot. They walked over to the table and we all sat down. Kyojuro poured a cup for me and Senjuro. We grabbed our tea bags and put them in the water. Kyojuro took a sip of his tea.

Kyojuro: "Senjuro, did you change the herbs in the chamomile tea bags?"

Senjuro: "Yeah, I added a little honey. Why? Do you not like it?"

Kyojuro: "No, I actually like it even more."

Senjuro: "Oh! I'm glad."

Senjuro went to pick his cup up, but flinched at the touch of it.

Senjuro: "Ow!"

He burned her finger, because it was still too boiling hot for him to hold yet. He sucked on it to dull the pain.

Kyojuro: "Did you burn your finger?"

Senjuro: "Yeah.."

Kyojuro took Senjuro's hand and blew on his finger. Senjuro got embarrassed and tried pulling away.

Senjuro: "Hey! I'm not 6 anymore, stop!"

Kyojuro: "You said it burned."

Senjuro: "Yeah, but I can take care of it myself."