Chapter 13: The Tall Praying Man

Depuis le début

Mitsuri: "Yeah.."

We went silent for a minute. I was starting to think I should ask him to be a demon again, but I know he'll decline. Still, it doesn't hurt to try. I opened my mouth.

Mitsuri: "THAT'S IT! I HAVE AN IDEA!"

Akaza: "I- What is it?"

Mitsuri: "I'll tell you on the way, but first, you're gonna have to carry him."

Akaza: "Alright."

I gave the box to Mitsuri and gently picked Kyojuro up, when suddenly he started groaning loudly in pain.

Akaza: "Kyojuro!"

Mitsuri: "We need to hurry!"

We raced through more trees. We finally saw the path, as well as a large house in the distance.

Mitsuri: "We gotta stop at his estate!"

Akaza: "Alright!"

I looked down at Kyojuro, and tears were streaming down his cheeks. I doubt it was from the rain since we were under trees right now. I couldn't imagine how much pain he was in right now. For some reason, because he was crying, I started to tear up as well. He coughed.

Kyojuro: "I need water.. there's a bamboo stick in my right pocket.."

I slowed down a little and took the bamboo full of water out of his pocket. Damn he has large pockets. I took the top off and put it up to his mouth. He weakly took a sip.

Kyojuro: "Thank you.."

I put the water bottle back into his pocket. I looked at him as he let out another low groan.

Akaza: "I'm sorry, Kyojuro. I should have stayed with you.."

3rd Person:

Mitsuri sped up and ran over to the entrance to the estate. She stopped and put her hands up to her mouth in a cone shape.

Mitsuri: "HIMEJIMA! YOU GOTTA HELP ME MAN!"

Gyomei: "H-huh?"

The large pillar was just calmly sitting on his porch meditating to the sound of the rain. He turned his head towards the entrance.

Gyomei: "Kanroji?"

Mitsuri: "HIMEJIMA, PLEASE!"

Gyomei stood up and walked out into the rain. He walked towards the entrance.

Gyomei: "What's wrong?"

Just then, he felt a large demonic aura coming towards him. He turned his head towards the direction Akaza was coming from.

Gyomei: "What the-?"

Mitsuri: "I'm assuming you can feel demonic power? Don't worry, it's just the demon Kyojuro was talking about a few days ago."

Gyomei: "Hm."

Mitsuri: "I know this is sudden, but can you please get one of your crows to send a message to Shinobu? We ran into a town on our way back that was being attacked by cobra demons and Kyojuro got poisoned. He's in a lot of pain right now and we need Shinobu to get medicine ready for him."

Akaza: "MITSURI! HE'S GETTING WORSE! THE INFECTION HAS REACHED INTO THE MIDDLE OF HIS RIGHT PECK!"

Gyomei could hear the genuine worry in Akaza's voice. Kyojuro groaned.

Gyomei: "Inside. Down the hall in the fourth room to the left. There should be a crow in there."

Mitsuri: "Thank you."