✿Chapter 26: Rescuing Corona✿

Start from the beginning

A golden ball fell from the sky, her hair unraveled from around her. She whipped her hair out and grabbed onto one of the towers on the castle. She got ahold and swung around the tower before landing on the ground. Varian slid down the roof before landing on the ground. He reached his arms up to catch you. You slid down the roof too, being caught under the arms by Varian. He set your down carefully and the two of you made your way over to Rapunzel and the others.

Rapunzel stood up walking over to Varian, "I still have a promise I need to keep." Varian's eyes widened.

✿✿✿

The three of you stood inside Varian's workshop.

"Once I start this incantation, I won't be able to stop it. And it could seriously harm you and your father, so I'm trusting both of you to snap me out of it once your father is free." Rapunzel warned, handing Varian a bucket of water.

Varian looked up at her, a soft expression in his eyes, "You can trust me, Rapunzel." Rapunzel kneeled down and grabbed some of her hair.

She took in a breath before speaking the incantation, "Wither and decay, end this destiny.

Break these earthly chains, and set the spirit free."

You glanced over at Rapunzel, noticing her hair turning black and her eyes the same, soulless and dark. Varian turned towards the amber, it started melting.

Varian let out a gasp, "It's working."

Rapunzel continued the incantation, this time singing it, "Wither and decay, end this destiny.

Varian began to run forward, "Oh, Dad!" You turned to Rapunzel, she really couldn't stop. The boy stopped, quickly turning around

"Break these earthly chains,"

You suddenly felt weak, as if all the power was being drained from you. You clutched the cloth above your heart, you felt like you were in so much pain. Varian quickly dumped the water on her. The water evaporated as soon as it touched her.

"Wake up!" He cried before taking a glance at you. You fell to your knees, whatever magic this was was to powerful for even you. The boy reached his hands out, going to shake her shoulders, he placed his hands on her shoulders, the power that she was emitting evaporated his gloves.

"and set the spirit free."

"Rapunzel! Snap out of it!" He cried, taking a step back, "Rapunzel." He breathed. He reached forward, "Rapunzel? You didn't give up on me. I'm not giving up on you." Suddenly Rapunzel's hair turned back to its regular blonde color. The pain that filled you suddenly vanished. Rapunzel fell to the ground, "Are you okay?" Varian asked, he gave her a quick hug, "Thank you." Quickly, he got up and ran over to you, "(Y/N)?" He asked, lightly cupping your face, "Are you alright?" You nodded.

"Go see your dad, Varian." You said.

He smiled, getting up and quickly running over to his dad, "Dad! Dad, you're alive!" He stumbled on his way over before embracing the man in a hug. You could hear his sniffles before he wiped his face.

"Oh, son." Quirin smiled. Varian glanced down at the ground, noticing the note that Quirin had written burning in the amber.

Varian brought it up, "Dad, the note! Well, wha...? What did it say? I need to know."

You noticed a flash of regret crossing Quirin's face, "All it said, was: "I'm so proud of you, Varian. I always have been."." Varian smiled wrapping his arms around his father.

"I love you, Dad."

Quirin hugged the boy tightly, "I love you too son."

✿✿✿

The town of Corona was now lively and free, just as it had been before Rapunzel had left. You watched as Pascal and Maximus chaced around Rapunzel's crown. You chuckled, before spotting Varian and Quirin standing near a cart. You sent the boy and his father a wave. Varian's face went a slight red before he waved back.

There was a small party in the town square before everyone retreated back to their homes. You and the others walked back to the castle, you and Rapunzel sat down in her room.

"Rapunzel..." You started, "Can you tell me what happened to Cassandra?" You asked.

She turned to you, a sad look in her eyes. The blonde woman wrapped her arms around herself, "Well, I guess it was sort of my fault. We found out that Mother Gothel was her mom, she blamed me for Mother Gothel for leaving her behind. I don't know... she took the moonstone and left. Plotting something that I don't know."

"It wasn't your fault Rapunzel, it was all Gothel. She kidnapped you as a baby. That wasn't your fault." You stood up and walked over to her and wrapped your arms around the woman, "She's just confused, but I know that you can make her understand."

✿✿✿