A shocking annoucenment

A/n this fanfic is by humanitysshortest on deviantart

"I believe all of you might be wondering why I've gathered you here tonight," Commander Erwin's calm voice silenced the mutters and whispers that came from the cadets and squad leaders seated in the mess hall, the smell of herbal tea and coffee lingering in the room.

During dinnertime, Erwin has ordered that no one leaves the mess hall, for he was going to make an announcement that would change how things work in the Survey Corps. Everyone was on the edge of their seat, wanting to know what exactly is that announcement the commander was about to say.

"So? What is it?" Captain Levi was getting a little impatient, his fingers placed carefully on the rim of his teacup.

"Well," Erwin cleared his throat, "all of you agreed to enter the Survey Corps for the glory of humanity, to save everyone from the horrendous titans. You are soldiers who, unfortunately, have to throw your humanity away at some times. Based on that, I want all of you to focus on improving your skills, thus all distractions have to be eliminated."

"And by distractions you mean?" Hanji spoke in a calm tone, unnaturally.

"Relationships, Hanji," Erwin's piercing blue eyes stared at everyone, momentarily looking at Hanji. "Romantic relationships can be the biggest distractions. Of course if your lover is outside of the Corps, then all is well. What is forbidden is that if your lover is from the Corps. From now on, if anyone in here is in a relationship with someone in the Corps, too, then it is certain that both of you will be kicked out of the Survey Corps," a few gasps escaped the lips of a number of cadets, and you started fidgeting with your teacup, starting to feel uneasy and not daring to look at anyone.

"Am I making myself clear?" the commander said a little louder now, giving his back to everyone.

"Yes, sir!" everyone quickly performed a salute to their commander.

"Dismissed," and with that, the announcement ended.

"Too bad for all of you, I knew the majority had a crush on me," Jean snickered as he wrapped his arms around you and Mikasa, earning an elbow in his side from you and a twisted wrist from Mikasa.

"Shut up, Kirschtein," Mikasa darkly spoke, looking at you next, "Something wrong, [F/N]?"

"Hm? Oh, not at all. I just feel a little tired since I've been doing nothing but a crapload of paperwork for today. I'm off to bed, goodnight!" you waved at your friends with a cheerful smile on your face as you headed to your room to get some rest.

Well, shit.

* * *

You stood in the heated kitchen with nothing but the sound of chirping birds to accompany you, until you've heard the door's creak behind you, signaling that someone is indeed accompanying you. Unable to turn around to look at who entered due to being preoccupied with the bread dough you've been kneading, but soon you were able to find out. The person didn't speak, but only placed his hand on your waist, making you smile.

"I waited for you all night, brat," despite the harsh word, he spoke sweetly as ever, brushing his cold lips on your red, warm ear.

"Seriously, Levi? Even after that announcement you were expecting me to come to your room?" you gave him a shocked look, wondering how could he think in that way.

"You could have sneaked out," Levi placed another kiss on your neck now, getting you a little distracted from what you were currently doing.