Convincing an Ally

A/N: This is a work of fiction that does not claim accuracy to the Original Mahabharat in any way. Please do not take the work of the mind of a bored fangirl on Heart, Liver, Kidney or anything else. Thank you. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aham Sharma as Karn

Karn paced around his chamber, feeling restless. Sleep was the last thing on his mind. He should be happy. His one friend had returned victorious from a War with Panchaal and the other had been crowned the King. Of course, he was happy for his friends, their victory meant his victory. But at this moment, those were not the feelings that overwhelmed him.

A small part of him was angry for not being able to battle in the Panchaal War. Oh, if only Guru Drona had not stopped him, then he would have left the Kuru princes gaping at his merit and valour in the battlefield, telling them by his skills that even a Sutputr can be a warrior equal to those Kshatriyas.

He remembered that when Guru Drona had raised questions on Karn's Guru and his teachings, he wanted to laugh out loud. Karn had, of course, felt heartbroken afterwards, for he had once again succeeded in making Karn feel inferior in front of these princes, despite him being a King but at that moment, he just wanted to laugh at Drona's ignorance for unknowingly questioning Bhagwan Parshuram.

How can he be so blinded by his favoritism towards the Kuru Princes that he could not even recognize the teachings of his own Guru in another person. Honestly, Karn wanted to answer him and seek pleasure at the sight of Drona's stunned and speechless state. He was sure that when Guru Drona would find out about them being Guru Bhratas, that would be his reaction.

His mind wandered to Drona's rejection and looking back, Karn was happy that Drona had not accepted him as his student. If he had, he would have never met Bhagwaan Parshuram, who, with all his strictness, was the best mentor and Guru in the world. In his opinion, of course. Unlike Drona, he did not consider his opinions as facts.

Like that day, when Drona had confidently announced his favorite student to be the best archer in the world. His favorite student.

Arjun.

The mere thought of the third Pandu Putr left a bitter taste in his mouth, his face twisted with disgust.

Arjun.

He was the kind of person to be proud of birth, rendering everyone else beneath him. And that was the one and only difference between him and Karn. Their births. Had Karn been born into a Kshatriya family, the society would have cherished him. It was the only reason that Guru Drona had rejected him and accepted Arjun as his mentee. His birth status. But Karn never despised it. No, he was proud to be Radhey Karn. Instead he despised this society that had put the shackles of birth status on the feet of his merits, stopping him many times from achieving what his heart ached for. Knowledge and Respect. And Arjun was the personification of every moment when his merits had been dismissed on the basis of his caste.