26. "ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ!"

Start from the beginning

Iwaizumi's brows furrowed, a frown dipped the corner of his lips. "Harumi told me that she was the social media manager of Mr. Mori's campaign. I know she also told news outlets about—" he paused, searching for the right words, "—what happened. But she did it for the right reason, Oikawa. You have to understand that!"

He mentally rolled his eyes. "I know she did," he replied curtly. "I would've done the same."

Iwaizumi breathed a sigh. "Then—"

"But I'm not leaving what's left of my family behind," he said. Every word that left his mouth was like a burst of resolve soothing over any anxieties he had previous. There's no way he would leave Mr. Mori.

"I understand that," Iwaizumi sputtered. "But that doesn't mean you can't come back to Japan. Where are you even going, anyway? Oikawa, please—"

He was tired of listening to someone say things they don't actually mean.

Iwaizumi doesn't even like him. Why's he spouting nonsense?

"Stop. Just stop talking," Oikawa said, his irritation growing. Where was that damn car?

He took a step back, and Iwaizumi, in response, took a step forward. He eyed his soulmate, eyes flashing with warning.

"You don't even like me," Oikawa stated flatly. He watched Iwaizumi's brows shoot upwards. The spiky-haired boy began to open his mouth, but Oikawa cut him off.

"You don't have to say anything. I know you don't like me. You said it yourself." He held up his right arm, showing the pale skin on his wrist.

However, the words were no longer there. Still, Oikawa could see them regardless. That three worded statement was the cherry on top of his disastrous day where he lost Mrs. Mori and almost lost Mr. Mori.

"I like Oikawa." was practically engraved in his brain since the moment it appeared.

Iwaizumi stared at the blank skin in confusion. "What are you talking about, Oikawa? I don't like you? Are you crazy?"

"No, I'm not crazy, Iwaizumi," he lashed. "You said it yourself. You don't like me."

"When did I ever say that?" asked Iwaizumi, exasperated. "We're soulmates, Oikawa. How can I not like you?"

Oikawa pursed his lips. What was the point in arguing? Iwaizumi wasn't going to admit it, and the only proof that he had was already gone without a trace from his skin.

"Then say it, Iwaizumi," he ordered. "Tell me how you really feel."

After he said those words, Oikawa took a small step back, raised his brows and waited for an answer. Meanwhile, his heart began to pick pace, anxious to hear the truth.

But did it really matter what Iwaizumi would say? Whatever the truth, Oikawa was going to leave anyway.

Despite this, he was watching his soulmate with hawk eyes, watching every move and waiting, waiting, waiting for something.

Iwaizumi shifted uncomfortably. Not from the stare that Oikawa was giving him, but from his own anxiety produced from the command.