(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟒) high inquisitor

Start from the beginning

"She's not going to fire me Rory" she said in a matter of fact tone as she went back to her notes, "the students think I'm a great teacher, she'll have a hard time finding someone to agree with her about my position"

"All she needs is one piece of evidence" Aurora continued.

"She doesn't have anything... not conclusive about my teaching anyway... anything else is bias and I can say she's lying"

"I don't think you realise what I'm getting at" Aurora sighed louder now.

"No I don't" Athena stated coldly as she placed her quill down yet again, "do you think she has a right or a reason to fire me?"

"That's not what I said" Aurora shook her head.

"What are you inferring then?"

"She works for the ministry Rena" Aurora started slowly, "you know how they feel about you... to them you're legally mentally unstable and the only reason you're allowed to work this job is because I'm here... if Umbridge finds anything to prove your mental well-being is deteriorating any more or becoming a problem (such as you trying to curse her) she'll tell the minister and then you might as well kiss this job goodbye"

Athena pondered this idea for a minute. Of course she was right. The minister found it extremely easy to declare her insane before, this time it may have even more pressing consequences. Of course she knew that she was completely sane, more so than most people around her. However it's not as though she could prove this fact. The truth was, the evidence did point against her, especially when they were on a brink of a war that no one believed in.

"You understand what I'm getting at?" Aurora asked, "no offence Rena but the ministry really hate you"

"I get you" Athena muttered quietly, "I'm glad the ministry hate me, I want nothing to do them—"

"Athena I need to know you're going to listen to my advice when she comes into your lessons trying to judge every little thing that you do"

"I'll play it safe" Athena agreed with a nod, "don't worry Rory, I'm not inclined to do anything stupid... although jumping off the tower—"

"Would definitely confirm that you're mentally unstable... it would also show that you're temporarily immortal which we don't need"

"I don't think temporary immortality exists Rory" Athena pointed out.

"You know what I mean" Aurora replied, "I know you never take things as seriously as me but I need you at this school Rena"

"Good because I'm not going anywhere" Athena shrugged simply.

☽☽☽

The inspection took place in one of her sixth year lessons. It was a mixture of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students. At first, Athena thought that the toad might have forgotten to show up. She was staring to relax, watching the students take their seats before she saw the trapdoor open.

Athena's heart sank, of course it would be wishful thinking to believe she wouldn't show up. She took a deep breath before she nodded in her direction, trying to be polite.

Umbridge was wearing a horrible pink dress with a large bow positioned in the middle of her head as though she was an overgrown schoolgirl.

"I assume you got my message that I would be inspecting your lesson today... or should I say tonight?"

Athena looked around at the night sky. Astronomy lessons usually took place at night, otherwise there would be no stars to look at.