"I'm sorry," she croaked out.

"Don't be. There is no need to apologize when you're gonna be dead soon." Aria already knew her fate coming here but decided to still come, but hearing her father say those words brought another tear to her already stained cheek.

"Oh, don't cry, princess." He said in a murderous way. "So, what brought those other tears, huh? That boy, Luke's kid."

"Don't talk about him," Aria whispered.

"I thought you two would get together, you know. You are both pathetic twits with nothing better to do than steal from your fathers."

"I said don't talk about him!" Aria yelled but her dad gripped her around the neck and pushed her up to the wall. She started to scratch his hand trying to get him to stop.

"You watch your mouth, kid." He warned letting her go.

"Why didn't you like me? even before I killed mom you still didn't like me, what did I do?" Aria asked what has been on her mind for years, if she was really going to die tonight, why not?

"Did you know that I couldn't have children?" Aria looked up at him in confusion.

"What?"

"Something in me stopped me physically from having children."

Aria was hooked to say the least, if he couldn't have kids that meant that she wasn't his child. She must have had a birth father out there somewhere, she wondered who it could be, could he be better than her actual father. 

"When I was a boy," He started, James had never told Aria anything about her life and now he was. "My parents didn't like me very much."

"I was the youngest of three kids, two girls and then me. Olivia and Mirabella. Liv and Mira. They were perfect, really beautiful, smart, didn't do drugs or have alcohol, like your friend... what's his name."

"Pope," Aria replied.

"That's the one!" He snapped his fingers and Aria flinched back. "Pope. Yeah, they were just as perfect as Pope. Anyway, when I was born I was my parent's pride and joy, they did like me." He took another drink.

"What happened?" Aria asked hastily.

"We were a christen family, very old school. Had to be married to have sex, don't allowed to act out against sin. Basically everything I wasn't. I had just been kicked out of my house. They didn't want me there so they had packed a bag for me while I was at school and shoved it in my face when I got home."

"That's awful." Aria sighed.

"I was living on the streets for about a year, maybe. Hanging around with some boys I knew from school and using whatever they gave me. I didn't even ask what it was."

"I have tried my whole life to stop you from turning out to be me, I didn't want you to be on the streets, doing whatever for money, I just wanted you to be like Liv and Mira."

"Am I your child, or not?" Aria asked impatiently.

"Wait!" He yelled. "Your mother had pulled me out from my dark spot, she had guys all around but she chose me. All I had to do in return was support her, something I couldn't do."

"When we were trying to have a baby, it had been at least three years before we gave up and went to a doctor. He told me it was my fault, that I couldn't give her a baby."

"I'm sorry," Aria whispered.

"Back then there weren't many options, you could try to adopt, or you could let your wife sleep with another person. We chose the first option."