Chapter 4 - 𝑴𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝑩𝒆 𝑶𝒖𝒕 𝑶𝒇 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑴𝒊𝒏𝒅

Start from the beginning

"I don't see why not," he answered plainly. "The name's Senku Ishigami."

"Senku..." [Y/n] whispered his name to herself. "My name's [Y/n], Senku."

"Well [Y/n]-" Senku said her name and she squealed like a little girl.

He could already see that she was going to be a pain in the neck. "Like I was saying...It's not safe out here. Camping in the Outback with such..." he poked your tent, "flimsy equipment..."

"Flimsy??" Crystal took offense. "And I suppose you're staying in some high-end resort huh? News flash buddy, it's the wilderness. This 'flimsy' tent is grand and exclusive." How dare he have the audacity the criticize her hundred dollar tent.

Gen let out a laugh. "You're right. We are staying in a high-end resort!" In reaction to Gen's outburst, Crystal's head snapped around to him with a deathly fare, and he fell silent.

"Grand and exclusive?" Those were the words Crystal used to describe her piece of garbage tent.

Senku circled around the tent once to get a full 360° view and it was just as he thought. "Not very grand or exclusive If I can build a better one with my bare hands."

Who does this man think he is? Building a better tent with his bare hands? Nonsense! "[Y/n], come get your scientist." Crystal was fed up with the bastard.

[Y/n] wasn't interfering. Instead she'd rather continue examining him from a far.

Senku was slim, yet reasonably toned; which she hadn't expected given his height. As for his hair being green? That wasn't entirely the case. It was actually a whitish-light green colour, which then faded into green.

The man was...attractive. More so than she had expected.

He had brush-like hair that spiked up, with two locks of hair draping over his face, and sharp red eyes...and just above them were symmetrical diagonal lines on top of his inner eyebrows.

It was quite an unusual matchup to say the least.

"Hello??" Gen waved his hand in the front of the woman's face because [Y/n] had zoned out staring at Senku.

"Yes?" [Y/n] snapped back into reality.

"The both of you are lost, correct?" He was about to persuade her into joining their kingdom of science.

"No, we came to find Senku." She explained.

"Who?" He looked over to Senku who was in a heated argument with Crystal. "Him?"

"Yeah, he's my soulmate." [Y/n] mentioned casually.

"Ah yes...your soulmate." Gen went along with it. "Well it just so happens that your 'soulmate' is in dire need of new members; for his science kingdom. Would you be willing to lend him a hand?" Gen just wanted his very own harem, but if including Senku in his schemes brought him closer to his goals then so be it.

His kingdom of science? It has to be his little research club, she reasoned. "Of course, I'll do anything Senku wanted of me!"

The mentalist was glad to hear it. "That's great! I'll go tell him right away!" Gen ran off.

"Senku-Chan!" He interrupted his leader and Crystal's argument.

"What?" Senku gave Gen his undivided attention.

"[Y/n] wants to join our kingdom of science...she said she'll do anything you ask of her if you gave her a chance." Gen made sure to keep his voice down so neither Crystal or [Y/n] would hear.

Senku looked over at [Y/n] who was staring nervously at him and Gen. "No." The answer was obvious.

"No?" Gen repeated as his face dropped. "What do you mean no?"