The Bet Part 3

Mulai dari awal

"What about Harry?" Y/N asked in concern.

"A month ago the boys were having a truth or dare night. They thought everyone was asleep but I was awake finishing up my DADA homework. Then I heard the boys making a bet." Hermione was now in tears.

So Mattheo continued for her, "The bet was that Harry would have 1 month to make you fall in love with him. If he won, the boys would have to jump naked in the black lake in front of everyone. If Harry lost, the boys would chose what he would wear in his next quidditch game. Harry was playing with you. It was all a bet."

Y/N's heart completely dropped. She needed to sit down.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. I should have told you sooner, but I didn't think Harry would take it this far with the bet. We became so close, and I felt guilty that you didn't know. You are basically a sister to me and it hurts me that he was playing with your feelings. Now that you guys are a couple and you seem so happy, I couldn't take it anymore." said Hermione while her voice was cracking. She didn't want Y/N to suffer.

It all made sense now. Why Harry insisted on getting close to her. Why he asked Slughorn to switch partners. Why he would never leave her alone. Why he tried his best to make her fall in love with him. Why he brought her to the quidditch game. It was all a lie. A game.

The voices started turning into an echo, and Y/N could no longer pay attention. She was trying her best to hold herself together.

"I need some time alone." said Y/N with the coldest voice possible.

"Are you sure? We can stay with you." said Mattheo.

"Just leave." Y/N said firmly.

So, they did. Hoping that she would be ok. That she would get through this. That she would cope the right way.

As soon as the door shut down Y/N collapsed to the ground. She couldn't stop crying.

Why did he do this to her?

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Hey darling are you ready for our date?" said Harry with a soft voice.

He could hear Y/N crying on the other side.

"Hey love what's wrong?" asked Harry while on the other side of the door.

"Is it true?" Y/N's voice cracked.

"What is?" Harry asked confused.

"The bet." Y/N said firmly.

Harry's heart sunk. She found out.

"Y/N it's not what you think. Please just let me explain. Who told you this?" Harry said frantically.

"It doesn't matter who told me. Yes or no? That's all I need. Is it true?" Y/N said again.

"Yes but-" said Harry, but Y/N interrupted him.

"That's all I needed to know."

Harry was trying to explain himself.

"How could you? After I told you I trusted you!" Y/N yelled. "I let you in. I never let people in." Her voice was now cracking. "I never do." she whispered. She couldn't stop crying.

"WAS IT WORTH IT? Seeing 6 naked guys jump in the black lake!" Y/N yelled even louder. She felt so stupid for falling straight into a trap.

Harry was crying now. Really hard. He loved her.

"At first it was a bet, but I fell in love with you. I love you Y/N." said Harry while he cried.

"How can I believe anything that comes out of your mouth? And you had the decency to tell me to trust you. I don't want you to look at me ever again. Don't talk to me. Don't approach me. Don't even say my name. We're done. NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COMMON ROOM!" she yelled.