Okay.

Michael gave him an exasperated look. "Streamers, Ashton? I told you not to buy those this isn't some twelve year old girl's birthday party," he complained.

Ashton only shook his head, still laughing until he noticed me and grinned again. "Someone looks fancy," he commented and reached forward, flicking the reindeer ear bells. I scowled and swatted his hand away, making him retract. "God damn, I'm sorry."

"Not fancy. Ridiculous," I corrected, bitterly.

He defended, "But you look cute!" His eyes fell onto the rest of me and he tilted his head for a second.

"And other things," Michael added, having followed Ashton's eyes, making me blush.

I opened my mouth to tell them to fuck off cause I was only sixteen and being surrounded by three giants I didn't know wasn't making me feel safe; but I didn't need to. Out of the blue was another character that was more familiar.

"Laney!"

It was Harry.

I, of course, turned around and was grateful to see him. I was still pissed by him, but at the same time I felt semi safe around him at least.

His expression was a bit tough as he made his way towards me and I said, "Yeah?"

He glared at the boys and smiled falsely at me. It was clearly forced and, dare I say, upset. "What are you doing with these hooligans?" He had a tight smile that was a bit hostile towards the "hooligans" and I was very confused actually about what I didn't know. They only shared a look and nearly started laughing.

"I was innocently trying to get back to my room," I told him.

He did the same thing the rest of them did, looking at my reindeer ears, me, and then looking down the rest of me. I fucking hate him for putting me in this dress. "Uh huh." He then said, "Well, I think you should keep walking, because we need these three anyways for more party planning."

I wasn't at all offended by the suggestion, but Michael feigned hurt. "But I was only just getting to know her!" He then added, "Say, Harry, how do you fancy her outfit?" Luke and Ashton were snickering like teens behind him and I scoffed at Michael.  Harry only glared at him and Michael asked, "What was your name again? Laney?" I only nodded in response and he added, "Nickname for something?"

I said, "Lanaura," in response and he nodded.

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he smiled charmingly and I once again wasn't oblivious to Luke and Ashton sharing glances that meant something I didn't know about.

Before I could ask questions, Harry told me, "Laney, you may go to your room, now."

I knew that was more of an excusal than a suggestion, but I was so done with today I didn't want to argue. I rolled my eyes and turned around, leaving off to it, but I was stopped by his hand on my shoulder. "Actually, go to my room. We need to talk."

I only gritted my teeth together so I didn't smart mouth and end up thrown in the dungeon again. My head nodded submissively. "Whatever."

I drudged to his room and just as I was closing the door I heard him saying, "What the hell was that?"

It'd been a while since I'd been in Harry's room, honestly. Nearly a week. Exactly a school week I would say, but not much had changed, really. Except now it smelled like vanilla in here for some reason. I took off the reindeer ears and set them on his dresser. I thought about sitting on his bed, but recalled the sounds I'd heard in here and decided standing was cool.