Warm, Gold Butterflies

Start from the beginning

"A blast, huh?" Danny said with a flattered grin, warm and affectionate. "Well, I'm glad I'm keeping you enter-" He paused halfway through to stretch his jaws wide in a yawn, and for the first time that night you realized the bags underneath his eyes. He looked absolutely exhausted. "-entertained. It's what I do best." 

"Awwwww, is wittle Daniew tiwed?" You mock, bumping him gently with your shoulder. With a nod of his head and a mischievous glint in his eyes he let his head fall onto your shoulder, leaning heavily into you. You giggle and let your head fall to rest on his in turn; his hair is soft, surprisingly so, almost like he used special product or had a special hair care routine. Neither option was a surprise to you. You responded to a few texts from Michael (mostly him threatening to kill Danny for you if need be- they were all funny to the boy, thank goodness), a bunch from Jason asking the usual questions of 'are you okay' etcetera, and then exactly three from Brahms that made your cheeks glow red. You hid it with a grin. 

Brahmsy
Hey bestie how's the hot boy

Brahmsy
Has he shagged you yet?

Brahmsy

Or more accurately did you shag him?

"Jesus-" You try to turn your phone away but it's too late, even with his eyes half shut Danny has still read and processed the vulgar language put forth by the heathen on the other side of your phone screen. 

"Oh my fucking God-"

"I'm so sorry I don't know why he would ever say something like-"

"What an icon! Gimme the phone, give it!" Despite your fear Danny is grinning, he's not weirded out or disgusted or anything like that. Instead, he seems to be full of energy once more as he leaped to steal your phone away and moved so quickly that he managed it. He leaped to his feet as you let out a startled cry, jumping out after him as he shot you one last grin before booking it towards the bar counter.

"Danny! Give it back you ass-" You shut your mouth as a three am coffeeholic glares in your direction, offering an awkward, apologetic smile before racing after him. He slinks behind the counter and barges through the swinging doors that lead to the kitchen. Despite that being basically illegal (or at least it felt like it was) you followed quick after and pushed through the doors all the same. The kitchen was nearly empty, Aurelia the only one currently on the creeper shift thanks to the limited amount of patrons, and her eyes shot up as the both of you entered with wide grins on your faces. 

"Kids!" She said, surprised, "What's going on here?" 

"Your son stole my phone! Give it back, I swear I'll-"

"You'll what, huh?" Danny grinned at you, moving so that the middle counter was in between you and him. Whenever you would move, he would move- fuck. 

"Daniel, behave yourself." Aurelia's words were essentially ignored, and the smile on her face told that she though the whole situation was too funny to intervene. 

"What do you even want with it, dick? Uh- mind my language, Mrs. Johnson." You took three fast steps to the right and Danny matched them perfectly, his grin only widening. He began to dart his gaze between you and the phone screen, typing something. 

"Please, call me Aurelia. It's not a problem. I'm almost done here and then-"

"What's it to you what I want with you phone?" 

"I'll lock up and you'll both have to head-"

"It's my phone, jackass! Give it back!"

"Home for the night. I hope you got everything done." Aurelia spoke right over you and her son as you bickered, finishing drying the last dish in the sink before untying her apron and hanging it on the hanger beside her.