Warm, Gold Butterflies

Start from the beginning

(A/N): Don't mind me changing the text format because I like this one better lmao

Old Man
Wut do u want for dinner

Old Man
Is lasagna ok?

Old Man

No? Wut abt tacos then

Old Man
Gee talk abt the cold shoulder

With a light roll of your eyes and an amused huff you scroll a ways, ignoring all the dinner questions to instead get to the part where he thinks you've been murdered or kidnapped or kidnapped and then murdered. 

Old Man
WHERE R U DO I NEED TO CALL POLICE

Old Man
YOU'D BETTER ANSWER THE PHONE RIGHT NOW CHILD OR I WILL JUST NOT BOTHER TEXTING ANYMORE

Old Man
Alright then, I guess that's how it is

Old Man
Enjoy being kidnapped I have a painting to finish

That last text was sent over two hours ago; your father would probably still be awake, he liked to get lost in his art. It was nice that he wasn't genuinely afraid for you- at least, you didn't think he was- so you quickly tap back a reply just to put any little bits of anxiety at ease.

You
Yo just got out of the white van I only lost two fingers dw

You
But fr I'm okay, just at a diner w the english project guy. Lost track
of time but I'll be back soon I think

"The English Project Guy?" You jump, not having noticed Danny appear at your side, leaning into the booth to read over your shoulder. "I thought I was more to you than that," He says, wiping an invisible tear, and then he starts to bat at your shoulder to get you to scoot down. With a reluctant huff you comply, and he plops down into the seat next to you to read your messages even better.

"Nah, as soon as I get my 100 on this project I'm never talking to you again," You tease back, and exit your messages with your father to check the rest of the ones you'd received. 

"Wow, how rude," Danny presses the back of his hand to his forehead like a damsel in distress, though his antics are quickly forgotten as he leans in even closer to poke his nose where it doesn't belong. You can suddenly smell the scent of him, mint and vanilla, and you smile to yourself. You click on your most recent text, one from Norman.

Norman
Just checking on you again, it's been a while. You still doing alright?

Norman
(Y/N)? Are you there?

Norman
Hello? Do I need to be worried for you? Michael says you haven't responded to him either. Brahms says we shouldn't worry and that the two of you are probably just 'boinking'. What does that mean?

Danny let out a bark of laughter at that one.

Norman
Oh. Michael told me.

Norman
Please tell me you're okay. You haven't answered any of us since you left and we're worried you're hurt. I knew I shouldn't have trusted you to go with him alone.

"Gee, does this kid ever stop worrying?" Danny scoffs playfully and you elbow him before going to respond.

You
Hey, sorry, I had my phone on silent and lost track of time. Didn't
mean to startle you or anything! I'm all good here, having a blast,
getting lots done. We're finished any minute now.