The guy's sharp gaze landed on Mo Guan Shan and he dropped his head, waiting for He Tian to cover him.

"Little Mo, Nato, this is my brother, Cheng."

Nato scoffed and ran back to the river, laughing, before plunging right into the water. He Cheng's stoic mask broke into a frown and Mo Guan Shan made a mental note to treat Nato with utmost respect from now on.

"For the locals, your name is funny," He Tian explained, almost rolling his eyes like talking to the guy was taking a toll on his stamina. "He Cheng is like a funny way of sneezing."

"I don't get it," He Cheng said, his voice deep.

"Hecheng!" He Tian sneezed in a mock, lady-like way, covering his nose with three fingers. "Like that."

Mo Guan Shan bit his lip before he could catch Nato's hysterical laughter and start a laughing fit himself. The kid might have gotten away with it but he knew he wouldn't. He'll be sent back to China in a matchbox.

He Cheng offered him a hand and he looked at He Tian who nodded before he accepted the handshake.

"My name is Mo Guan Shan, nice to meet you, Sir He Cheng."

"He Cheng's enough," He Tian murmured.

"Nice to meet you too. And I apologize for the sudden visit. I hope you don't mind," he said in a monotonous voice. Not really asking permission but straight off informing him of what he wanted to do.

"Oh, no! Of course not."

"Where's Auntie and Uncle?" He Tian asked, looking around.

"Auntie was preparing our food so she said she'll come later with Rica. Uncle's setting up the fish hooks by the lower part of the river," Mo Guan Shan answered. He Tian held his hand and squeezed it.

"What, you wanna swim?" He Tian asked his brother. The big man's wearing a tight tank top and swimming shorts, making his shoulder and arm muscles stand out. People stared at him like he's a celebrity but He Cheng didn't seem to mind. Must be used to the attention.

"Later. I'll just sit here and watch," He Cheng answered, face still hard as the rocks all over the river. Cold too.

"Oh, good. Then you can help grill some eels and watch our stuff," He Tian said, smiling his naughty smile and pulling Mo Guan Shan away. They ran, hand in hand, before they jumped together into the deeper part of the river. It's bluish green and almost ice cold. He Tian held Mo Guan Shan's waist as they emerged from the water.

"Fuck! That's just torture!" Mo Guan Shan said, teeth clattering uncontrollably.

"I thought you can't swim."

"I float, but that's about it," he answered, enjoying the sensation of He Tian's hands on his body. "So, what happened all of a sudden?"

"That guy's a real pain in the ass. Came here to check for lands to buy, because he's planning to build his own villa. I guess he's expanding his own territory," He Tian answered, frowning. Mo Guan Shan chuckled.

"What do you guys think of this place, Minecraft?"

"Exactly, but whatever. None of our business, Little Mo."

They swam for a bit and kissed underwater until He Tian asked him if he's up for a little photoshoot. He said no, but he offered to take pictures of He Tian and the kids who wanted to have their photos taken. Mo Guan Shan was more confident behind the camera and he assured He Tian that he'll take the best shots of everybody.

He Tian brought his camera and handed it to Mo Guan Shan to fiddle with. When Daniella arrived, she immediately noticed the newcomer and He Tian quickly introduced them. Mo Guan Shan on the other hand, took shots of random things like dragonflies and curly ferns growing by the riverbank. He focused his viewfinder and stopped at He Tian who would glance at him from time to time, making sure he's alive. He noticed him looking so he gave him an apologetic smile.

And then he captured Nato mid-air as he dove from an elevated ground at the other side of the river. He's lanky but the photo captured his well-developed muscles that shone with water under the direct sunlight. Mo Guan Shan gave himself a pat for the good job. The neighborhood kids' attention only shifted when Rico called the teenager, telling him that an eel finally took the bait. Even He Cheng got curious and nimbly strode to the lower part of the river. Little kids stuck to their mothers when he approached nearer and a group of unfamiliar teenage girls shamelessly took pictures of him.

"I guess it's pretty huge," Rico said when they crowded by the riverbank. "I can't pull it in because the nylon might snap."

"I'll check," Nato offered and was about to jump when He Cheng pulled him by the arm, gently pushing him aside. His huge hands looked like it could break the tanned kid's arm like a toothpick.

"No. I'll go," he said and dove right into the murky water.

"He thinks it's a snake," He Tian muttered.

"Well, that's a possibility and he looks capable of wrestling carabaos. It's better safe than sorry," Rico said with a serious frown on his face. Mo Guan Shan glanced at Nato who was only staring at the water with his usual grin gone. Maybe he's pissed that He Cheng took his job.

Several minutes later, just as when they started to worry that he'd drowned, He Cheng emerged with two huge eels, already limp and lifeless. The crowd erupted in a loud cheer.

"Damn, your big brother's won them over just like that," Mo Guan Shan whispered and He Tian shook his head.

"Show off."

* * *

Note:

Santol - cotton fruit

Kesong Puti - Carabao cheese. Literally means white cheese.

Tsukkibito:

Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?! Haha.