- 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Is someone there?" Monique asked. "This place belongs to the Deveraux family, known throughout the Quarter for their strong connection to witchcraft."

"Please help me." Monique said.

"And, if you look close, these fresh bricks tell us someone in the family has recently fallen." Celeste said.

Desperate, Monique screamed. The tourists looked disturbed by the noise. Suddenly, Monique used her magic to blast the wall of bricks out of the way, causing her to tumble out of the tomb. The tourists were frightened, though some begin taking pictures with their cameras. Celeste seemed unperturbed by this revelation, though, and simply crouched down to smile at her

"Hello, Monique. Welcome back to the land of the living."

✧✧✧

At Lafayette Church and a break from tourists taking pictures of Monique's empty grave. Sophie entered the cemetery, both confused and horrified when she saw the state of her family's tomb. However, when she ran inside the crypt, she found Celeste and Monique waiting for her.

"What is it? What's going on?" Sophie asked as Celeste said with a smile "It's a miracle."

When Sophie saw Monique, she gasped, unable to believe what she was seeing as Sophie said "Monique? You're alive!"

Sophie rushed over to her niece and gave her a big hug. Sophie was thrilled to see her, but Monique seemed less enthusiastic.

✧✧✧

After the mass, the parishioners left the church. Kieran at the entrance meet with the attendees personally when Klaus, Ava and Marcel approached him.

"Lovely sermon this morning, Father. Quite inspirational." Klaus said as Kieran said "I wasn't expecting you to join us."

"What can we say, we love events like this." Ava told him with a smile.

"Oh, we were hoping for some word from your human sources on the recent Haitian invasion." Klaus told him as Father Kieran said "My guys have their ears on the ground, and no one has seen or heard any sign of whatever his name is."

"He is called Papa Tunde. And right now, he's wandering in the Quarter with the power he absorbed from every soul I had buried in the Garden, so you might wanna put your ear a little closer to the ground." Marcel said.

"Or I could steer clear of whatever war is brewing between your kind and his, before I find myself–" he said

He was cut off when Cami appeared and started to shake Kieran's hand, pretending as though they were strangers.

"I wanted to congratulate you on getting the church up running. I can see this is a bad time. Nice to see you, Marcel." Cami said before walking off.

She pointedly ignored Klaus before leaving. Kieran gave Klaus a hard look before following after Cami. "Cami !"

Klaus scoffed. "Well, don't look at me. I tried to send her away." as Ava joked "Maybe you should have tried alittle harder." as Klaus gave her a look.

Klaus phone rang and he walked off to answer it.

"Yes, Diego? What do you have for me?" as Diego said on the line "Uh, we got a special delivery." he sounded alarmed.

"Would you care to elaborate?"

Where Diego was, Papa Tunde's body was laying in the middle of a magical circle of salt with blood all over his white suit.

"Either our witch problems are over, or they're just get started."