~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝔂 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~

Start from the beginning

Spencer placed a hand over his year "you wound me."

"No, you potions experiments do."

"Ah you got me there" he shrugged.

Lina smiled slightly, having patients like this made her enjoy her job and saving lives made it worth it. "So what the damage this time?"

He held his arm out for Lina to see, she winced slightly seeing the large weeping burn on his arm.

"You're lucky it wasn't worse" Lina scolded, waving her wand so that a bottle of essence of dittany appeared on the side table. "This may sting" Lina informed her pouring four drops over the wound. It fizzled and bubble violently and then faded leaving the skin clear and unblemished as he had never been injured.

"My saviour" Spencer said bowing his head.

Lina laughed slightly and taking out her quill signed the discharge parchment "you can go home but if I see you in here again I'm going to be very, very mad."

Spencer stretched out his arm, satisfied with the outcome he jumped out of bed "see ya next week Lina" he winked and strode out of his hospital wing.

Lina shook her head fondly and slapped down Spencer's file onto a separate pile on the desk.

Behind her the door to the ward opened, Lina looked behind her and saw Magdalene, another healer, enter.

"Colin is driving me insane" Magdalene huffed slamming down her own files on the desk.

"You two huh" Lina said looking at her from the corner of her eye.

"I have no idea what his problem is! For the last couple of weeks he's been so anxious and jumpy, but today he's been on a whole other level" she rolled her eyes "has he spoken to you?"

"It's like he can't even look at me," Lina said flickering through her files to see if any of her other patients were in this ward too. When she saw there wasn't she decided she would go to long-stay ward where the latest child victim of Greyback was staying.

The doors to the ward opened again, Lina looked behind her expecting to see another healer or a family member. Not a frantic looking Sam running straight towards the two girls.

"You good there Sam?" Magdalene asked.

Sam paid no attention to Magdalene, she faced Lina looking at her terrified and gripping her upper arms so tight Lina knew that there would be bruises there later "they're here" she said.

"Who?" Lina asked confused.

"Snatchers or - or Death Eaters, I'm not sure but they're here in the lobby."

Lina's blood ran cold, they were after someone in the hospital and being in the order herself was not good "who are they here for, do you know?"

"You. They're coming for you. We need to run now" Sam grabbed Lina's hand to drag her away but Lina who hadn't fully processed what was happening.

"We?"

"I'm not leaving you until you're out of here and safe" she turned her head to Magdalene "you never saw us," she said sharply "now come on."

Lina snapped to attention and ran behind Sam out the ward "where are we going?"

"The roof" Sam replied looking back behind them to make sure they weren't being followed. They weren't....yet.

"The roof!?"

"Di you know that you can't apparate inside the hospital? You can in the alley outside and one other place."

"Let me guess, the roof?"

"Bingo. And the best thing is only healers who work here know that the roof is apparatable."

They passed another floor on the stairwell and that was when they heard a loud bang followed by yelling.

The two women didn't stop, if anything they ran faster but no matter how fast they ran up the stairs, the closer the bangs got.

"Don't tell me where your going to go but have a place ready in your mind so you an apparate immediately" Sam said looking back at Lina only briefly.

"What about you?" Lina asked.

"Don't worry about me, it's you there after."

They finally reached the top floor where only a door to the roof greeted them. They pushed through but the second they had both clear it and the heavy door closed behind them they realised they weren't alone.

"Bombarda!" A voice yelled.

A small explosion erupted between Lina and Sam sending them flying to opposite sides of the roof.

Lina struggled to breathe and coughed as the dust from the explosion infiltrated her lungs but knowing she didn't have time to waste pushed herself up on her hands and knees, raising her head her breathing stopped as she saw a second door that the Death Eaters could have used to beat them up there.

Pain radiated from her scalp as she was pulled to her feet by her hair. Lina's hands flew to the hands pulling her up and tried to prise them off her but as soon as she did a leather cuff was shackled to her wrist.

Across the roof Sam was in the position, struggling against a Death Eater posing as a Ministry Official and as far as Lina could tell Sam didn't have a cuff on her wrist.

Lina's vision was suddenly blocked by a very familiar Death Eater facing her "well, well, well, Miss Black we meet again" Travers said nodding his head slightly.

Lina glared at him but kept quiet, her situation was bad enough without angering the man, she needed to be smart about this.

"How's your dad?"

Lina breathed out again but looked around for her wand.

"Looking for this?" Travers said holding up her wand "I'm going to be holding onto this for safekeeping" he tucked the wand into the pocket of his robe "oh and don't think about doin any of that wandless magic, girlie, no only will we kill yer friend over there but well..." he chuckled and pointed at the leather cuff "you cant."

"What do you want?" Lina asked.

"Potter."

"I don't know where he is."

"Hmm, sure you don't" Travers chuckled again, he looked behind him at the man holding Sam and nodded. She screamed out in pain at the Cruiatus curse that was placed upon her.

"Leave her alone!" Lina yelled struggling again her capture "she has nothing to do with this!"

But Travers looked like he was enjoying this far too much and cursed Sam himself.

Sam screamed again and crumbled to the floor curling into a ball as the spell was placed on her again.

"I'm not lying, I don't know anything" Lina yelled.

Travers shrugged again "my orders weren't to get information out of you sweetheart, I just thought I'd have some fun, no, someone wants to speak to you. Bring Black to us and kill anyone that gets in the way" he quoted.

Lina struggled harder but the harder she fought the weaker she felt. Eventually, she said fuck it to herself, they were going to kill them anyway "Stupify" Lina yelled.

But nothing happened.

Travers face flushed with anger, she stormed up to Lina and gripped her chin in his hands "I told you it wouldn't work sweetheart and now you've pissed me off" he turned to his accomplices "let's get out of here first" he released Lina's chin and turned fully to face Sam.

"Avada Kedavra!"

The image of Sam's lifeless body crumpling to the floor, her terrified eyes locking with Lina's was the last thing she saw before her own world plunged into darkness.