Prologue

The Horizon's Owner

Flairaya, known as the Queen. She's the campus' face, and its pride. She rose up from being a newbie, to a new face of the youth. Empowered, brave, logical, and wise.

At the campus' hallway, everyone was cheering for their candidates. There were big banners everywhere. Drum rolls, and even the practices for their cheers. Everyone was hyped and thrilled, as the most awaited day had come.

Flairaya was the center of the event. Everyone was rooting for her. Her apperance on the stage, and how would her impact be when she's at the different stage.

Hours passed, the pageant had began. The crowd roared too loud like a beast howling when their candidate showed up in the stage. Everyone was so thrilled when Zandaya appeared.

I forgot, the audiences and even the school staff were waiting for this, as the two big names of theirs school will be competing in the same stage, and category; the pageant.

Flairaya and Zandaya known to be rivals in academics, sports, and everything. Both of them came from rich and wealthy family. They also have the nasty atittude that made their little and small competition became a big fued and rivalry.

Flairaya is short-tempered while Zandaya is a spoiled child. Flairaya is mostly known to be the mature while Zandaya is often seen as the immature one. Flairaya dressed maturely, and empasizes her powerful aura while Zandaya loves fiminity.

The audience roared once again as Zandaya winked and gave a sweet smile towards everyone. Without any bias, Zandaya has a great feature. She is the sweet-looking type while Flairaya has the intimidating looks.

"Let us all welcome, Ms. Flairaya Anastasia Annalise Montalban Salazar! " And by that, the audience went totally wild as they have witness the new Flairaya.

Different from the Flairaya who was always seen wearing semi-formal dresses, everyone drool as the Flairaya infront of them plastered a proud smile, as she grazed at the stage with confidence and high head.

There were no nervousness in her face, her legs were staying firm, and even her hands were just fine... like she was just used of the crowd.

"Flairaya Anastasia Annalise Montalban Salazar, Representing HUMMS Mabini!" Flairaya spoke with a new tone that gave everyone the pageantry vibe. She stopped when her voice got hovered by the loud howling of her audience. And, when the calm down she said, " I'll spread my wings, and rise up to the wind. I'll fly high like a dragon in the myth." She said with a proud tone.

"WE LOVE YOU, FLAIRAYA, HAIL QUEEN!" Her audience screamed in unison. That made her smile genuinely. She waved her hand at them before she took a step back, and walks towards the backstage.

The contest seems to be the competition of the two big names from their school. The other contestant felt uncomfortable due to their presence.

"Zandaya Mariana Alvarez, Representing 11 - Rizal!" It was Zandaya's turn And, to that the crowd cheered for her. Almost equaling Flairaya's crowd.

The pageant went smooth, and the tension between the two rival began getting intense. The other candidates also got their supports from the crowd, but it was motly  drown when one of the two big names were showing infront of the stage.

The show went on and the are already on the preliminary rounds. The host announced the top three candidates to make up to the three slots. And, without any doubt, it got more intense when among the top three was Zandaya Alvarez, Flairaya Salazar, and Kristal Lim.

Well, the pageant was almost all about the two rival, but there was also a name that equals the two. Kristal Lim. Labelled as the number 3. She hates both of  the two. She's the meanest. She often addressed as 'silent but deadly', who knows why.

"And, now we have our top 3 candidates! Now, we will be having our last Question and Answers for these three candidates, and see who will be reign as the Campus Queen! Around of applause everyone!" The host enthusiastically announce that made the wild crowd, once again roar.

The three candidates were standing at the big stage. Both of the three were smiling, and giving the crowd th most charismatic looks. Flairaya was in-between the two candidates. On her right side was Zandaya while on her left side was Kristal.

The host was busy calming down the crowd when Kristal had spoke.

"Have both of you brought tissues with you? If none, you can ask me. I'll give you guys," she said while still smiling.

Zandaya instantly heard it, that made her teeth grit despite smiling.

"Who knows who's gonna weep tonight. Probably, the always number three." Zandaya fired her shot. The staffs were getting the headphones somewhere, and that gave them time to, of course, dwell at each other.

"And, so you admit being the number two, Ms. Alvarez? Proud?" Ms. Lim responded sarcastically that made Ms. Alvarez loss her cool. And, in a cue, Flair put one of her leg advance as she glanced the two.

Among Lim and Alvarez, Flairaya favored the latter. Alvarez was childish, yes but she could read her every moves meanwhile, on Lim, she can't be at ease. Something was always been suspicious for her.

"Calm down, Alvarez. Don't fall on her trap." Flair coldly said, and that made Ms. Alvarez stood straight and poise at the crowd.

"Witty," Ms. Lim uttered, and that made Flairaya's smirk. After a short moment, the staffs came with earphones and placed it at their ears. Flairaya and Kristal Lim was left as Ms. Alvarez walk advanced towards the host.

And, from that, everything in her and Ms. Lim was muted. They could only see the audience's reaction after Ms. Alvarez' answer.

"Now, let's call on, Ms. Flairaya Anastasia Annalise Montalban Salazar!" The crowd cheered once again for her.

"So, how are you feeling, Ms. Salazar?" The host asked. She smiled at him then she looked at the audience.

"I am completely fine," she responded.

"Nice to hear that. So, here's your final question." The host said after I hand him the paper I had picked. He halted and swallowed nervously, as he glanced at Zandaya then me.

"O-oh, you have picked the same question as Ms. Zandaya. Would you mind changing it?" He asked. I smiled politely at him before answering.

"No, not at all." I responded which made him sigh in relief. "... But, it'll cost time and pressure to the staff who had prepare it, so please let it be." I responded in a command tone. The host was sweating as he was still hesitant to read the question.

"So, Ms. Salazar, do you think you deserve to be entitled as the new Campus Queen and lead a change?" I smiled once again and met everyone's eyes.

"I firmly believe that I do deserve it. I'd be a hypocrite if I say no." I uttered and chuckled. " Campus Queen is a title I will obtain for myself, and being able to lead a change is for everybody. It is their choice to change,  and with the title all I can do is to influence.  I, thank you." I responded. The crowd went silent as if, they were processing what I have said.  

I bowed my head a little before turning my back. And, that was when the claps hovered.

She is Flairaya,

She'll spread her wings,

As she rise up to the wind.

She'll fly high like a dragon in the myth.