"Are you su-"

DING DONG

He put up a finger, planning on continuing the conversation when he came back. You watched as he pushed himself off of the counter and went down the stairs to the front door. While he was gone, you went back on your phone, still waiting for a response from Charlie. You had texted him last night but, he never responded and you were starting to get worried.

A few minutes later, you heard footsteps approaching and set your phone down. Looking up, you saw your mom walk into the kitchen. She was dressed for her busy work day and already looked stressed. You watched as she poured herself a cup of coffee then turned to look at you. When she saw that you were awake and dressed already, a confused expression crossed her face.

"Sweetie? What are you doing up so early?" She asked.

"The sun woke me up." You responded.

"Are you sure it wasn't your father and his explosions?"

"I'm sure mom. I was planning my breakfast when he exploded the suit."

"Which suit?"

"The blue one I think. I'm not really sure, there was a lot of smoke." You explained.

"Jesus. Where is he?" She asked.

"Someone rang the doorbell so, he's at the front door."

"Do you have any plans for today?"

"I was going to hang out with Charlie but, he's not responding to any of my texts."

"Maybe he's still asleep?" She suggested.

"Yeah maybe. I should surprise him with breakfast. Can I borrow the car?" You asked.

She nodded and grabbed the keys off the key ring. You thanked her and kissed her on the cheek before grabbing your wallet and heading out. You decided to go to Charlie's favorite diner to get his favorite meal. The diner made the most delicious Hobo hash, which just happened to be Charlie's all time favorite breakfast food.

The diner was pretty busy for 8:46am on a Saturday. But, luckily you were just getting to-go. You walked up to the counter and placed your order, then sat down and waited for your name to be called. While you waited, you scrolled through your instagram. There wasn't anything interesting to see but, there also wasn't anything else to do while waiting for the food.

About thirty minutes later, the hostess called your name. You grabbed the food and thanked her. You carried the food to the car and set out to Charlie's house. The entire ride, you couldn't wait to see the look on Charlie's face when you arrived. But, as you pulled up to his house, you felt like something was off. Your heart raced as your mind immediately went to the worst possible solution.

You grabbed the bag of food and walked up to the door. You knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. After a few moments, the door opened and you were welcomed by Charlie's mom, Gina. She smiled at you and stepped to the side to let you in. She informed you that Charlie was up in his room and he would be very surprised to see you.

You smiled at her and headed up the stairs. You knew that Charlie's door squeaked when it was opened at a usual pace so, you slowly opened the door, making sure that no noise came from it. But, as you opened the door, you saw something you wish you hadn't. The bag fell out of your hand. Charlie was lying in bed with your best friend and they were both shirtless. You glanced around the room and noticed that her favorite dress was discarded on the floor.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" You exclaimed.

They both opened their eyes and shot up, noticing you in the doorway.