Chapter One

The cool August air wrapped itself around me, engulfing my body into a cocoon of cold wind. Bright colored leaves swarmed the ground and brushed the sidewalk every now and then. My friend Robert had told me that the fall of 1972 would be beautiful, I tried to believe him, but so far it wasn't too promising.

"Robert is this really necessary? Because I don't think it is", I complained as my friend practically dragged me over to his recording studio.

"Yes it is. Please stop complaining dear. It'll be fun. None of our practices are boring", Robert said. "Besides, you'll get to meet our guitarist who I think you'll like"

I rolled my eyes. If I had met Bonzo and Jonesy, how come the guitarist never cared to show up? Either he hated me without ever meeting me or was busy living like a rock star.

I had always been a really happy person, that was just how it was. The time I was most happy was 1964 to 1969, that's when I had dated Jimmy Page. It was a wonderful relationship that should've lasted longer. But I can't change time.

"Alright, we've made it", Robert gestured toward the building right next to me.

Robert walked you in, much to my displeasure. It was bad enough that he had dragged me here, but it was worse the he was acting as a chaperone on a kindergarten field trip.

"Is it a problem that I hate this already?"

"Yes, stop being closed minded please", Robert had gotten annoyed of my negative language. 

My thoughts where cut short by Robert opening the door to the studio room. It was colder than I had expected for the middle of August, but I wasn't going to complain since Rob was already pissed off at my comments to come to the studio.

"Hello everyone", Robert walked in and greeted.

"Morning Percy", Bonzo said.

I could hear other greetings from others more muffled and less clear. For being in a rock band, they were not a lively bunch in the morning. 

Robert had walked out of the room, so I stepped out to find him. 

"Hey Robby?", I asked.

He hummed in response.

"Where's that guitarist you were talking about earlier?"

"Oh, Jimmy? He's probably late as usual", Robert shrugged. 

Jimmy. A name close to heart. Far too close to my heart. I knew Jimmy had a new group, I just didn't think it was with them. Or was it a different Jimmy? Either way, the name brought back too many memories. Mostly the bad ones, but only the best ones, were the good memories. God, I overthink.

"Ahh! Here he is!", Robert cheered.

A rush of anxiety flooded through me. The chances of this actually being Jimmy Page were slim. But he was a guitarist and had a new group after the Yardbirds. Who, if I remember correctly, were similar sounding to Led Zeppelin.

"Jimmy! Hurry up! There's someone I want you to meet!", coaxed Robert.

Go slower Jimmy, I thought. the last thing I wanted was for it to be my ex boyfriend.

"Alright, who was it I'm meeting", a familiar voice said. Shit, if it wasn't Jimmy, I have no idea who it would be.

"My friend", Robert clarified.

"Ah right! I'm Jimmy Page", he said and stuck his hand out.

My whole body froze. Fuck. I just HAD to be him. 

"I believe we've met. I'm Y/N L/N", my voice was on the verge of cracking, but my tone stayed chill.

Why did he still have so much power over me, though? Why was my body still freezing up after 3 years?

Robert could sense the awkward tension, and decided to walk back into the studio. Which was his best idea of the day.

"Wow, uh, it really is you", Jimmy spoke out.

"Yeah"

"Are you mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you?", I snapped.

"Maybe because of what happened between us?", Jimmy asked.

"You mean the way you shattered my innocent heart?"

"I-"

"Please. I don't want to have this conversation now. I need to get to work", i took my bag and went to tell Robert that I would be leaving.

"Hey Y/N!"

"Robert I'm heading to work now"

"Alright. Do you want to come to the show tonight?", Robert asked with hope glistening in his blue eyes.

"Sure"

"And yes, you will see Jimmy. But the two of you can work out whatever happened, right?", Robert asked.

"We dated then he left me for a 13 year old. I don't want to 'work it out' Rob", I complained.

"Well, fine then. But we're going to talk later about that, okay?", He didn't want to fight me and I knew it. I was being difficult for no reason with him.

"Fine", I rolled my eyes once more at my friend. 

I walked out of the studio quickly, to avoid running into Jimmy. How did he have a way of just disappearing, and then magically popping up out of no where?

I didn't want to see him, talk to him, or interact with him again. All it did was bring misery, heartache, and awful memories. That was the last thing I needed.

But, I said I'd speak to him later. And I had to see him at a concert later tonight. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, I know. Another fanfic while I'm still working on another one? yes, but I have plenty of time to work on both. Besides this one isn't going to be as long as the other one. Trust me.

I hope you liked it! Feel free to give feedback if you'd like. You can also find this story on my Tumblr.

~A.G.