Ch.10 - The Duke Manor

Start from the beginning

Cheng Yujin also showed a smile befitting the situation. But inward, she felt sad. Xu Nianchun was able to banter with her mother unscrupulously and then ran to Qingfu Junzhu to be spoiled. Cheng Yumo could also hug Ruan-shi and laughed freely.

What about her?

The room was full of excitement, yet it had nothing to do with her.

But even so, Cheng Yujin couldn't show the slightest sadness. She still had to laugh with everyone else and make her grandmother happy. Cheng Min smiled for a while. She then turned around casually, and couldn't help seeing Cheng Yujin standing inside the cozy and beautifully decorated room, watching everyone else laughing with a gentle expression.

Cheng Min felt a bit moved. She carefully sized the girl up and found that this niece was surprisingly very beautiful. Cheng Yujin wore red attire. Even her jewelry also from gold and rubies. If changed with other people, they might be looked too tacky. But on her body, it was perfectly fit, as if all the world's most precious beads and gemstones were created to be matched with Cheng Yujin.

The only regret was that the girl still young. The dress looked so formal on her body. If it was a few years later, when Cheng Yujin was seventeen or eighteen, after her facial features matured and her body fully grown, then one could even imagine what kind of brilliant scene she would be. Truly a peerless beauty.

After Cheng Min finished her observation, she couldn't help but ask Qingfu Junzhu: "Eldest sister-in-law, your eldest girl looks so pretty. I've never seen her wearing that gold-inlaid jade jewelry before. Is that given by you?"

Qingfu glanced a bit and replied, "It was one the dowry that my consort mother prepared for my marriage. Now I was older, I couldn't wear it anymore, so I simply gave it to the little girl to play with."

Cheng Min chuckled. There was envy in her tone: "Eldest sister-in-law is really kind to your children. The eldest girl must have several lifetime blessing to be reborn as your daughter."

In fact, right after Cheng Yujin entered the room, Ruan-shi instantly noticed her jewelry. And now, with Cheng Min's words, she could openly stare at it. After closer examination, Ruan-shi's mood became more complicated.

The whole piece was made from solid gold and still inlaid with large jade and gemstones. Ruan-shi herself didn't even have a single piece of such expensive jewelry, yet Cheng Yujin, a little girl who still hasn't left her boudoir, wore three or four. Looking from its style, she should own a whole set.

Ruan-shi was a bit sour. The girl was obviously her biological daughter, but for the sake of money, calling another woman 'mother.' Really a real example of the saying 'whoever gives milk is the mother.'

On the other side, the rest of the girls glanced at her with obvious envy and jealousy. It was really profitable for Cheng Yujin to recognize Qingfu Junzhu as her mother.

All the time, Cheng Yujin kept smiling and let everyone observed her appearance. She clearly knew what was going on in these people's mind, but her heart had no fluctuation. Everyone said that she really obtained a huge profit, but Cheng Yujin would rather have never been adopted.

These pieces of jewelry were indeed bestowed by Qingfu Junzhu, who had always been conscious about her reputation. If a biological mother prepared jewelry for her daughter, would she specially made a public presentation, letting the whole world know about this?

Of course not.

So Cheng Yujin had to be tactful. She wore the things Qingfu Junzhu gave her, then let others praise this nominal mother for being kind. And at the same time, having her own self-esteem bluntly cut out bit by bit.