Ch.6 - Uncle and Niece

Start from the beginning

He was tall, with distinct eyebrows, straight and tall nose bridge. His cheeks had a clearcut shape, each part improved his handsomeness. His skin was also white, with beautiful eyes, thick eyelashes, and thin, red lips.

Such attributes, when a man had them, he could be called beautiful. But Cheng Yuanjing's beauty wasn't a feminine one, it was the kind that was indifferent to others, eminent and unapproachable.

So he simply showed a little smile, and Cheng Yujin also could clearly feel his alienation, yet still couldn't help being in a trance.

Cheng Yujin hurriedly sobered herself. She couldn't let the man saw that his appearance almost made her lost her soul. Cheng Yujin was about to smooth things over, but after laughed a bit, Cheng Yuanjing brushed past her and quickly walked away.

Cheng Yujin frowned. What did he mean? Did he agree or not?

Cheng Yuanjing never needed to explain himself to others, let alone agreed to their request. From the beginning, he never had any intention to tell other people about Cheng Yujin's matter. Everyone had their own way of life. Although etiquette dictated women to be gentle and kind, on the contrary, Cheng Yuanjing felt that it was better for women to be more sly like Cheng Yujin.

So that they wouldn't end up like his mother.

Therefore, Cheng Yujin actually didn't need to chase him. When the girl said that her future marriage prospect would be problematic, Cheng Yuanjing even felt some thin, hidden emotion. Alright then, just let her go this time.

Cheng Yuanjing thought he was unusually amiable today. But didn't expect that only after a few steps, the girl suddenly called again, "Ninth uncle."

Cheng Yuanjing couldn't help but stop and looked at her: "What else?"

Cheng Yujin didn't answer, but suddenly hastened her pace and bypassed him, walking like a proud swan.

All his men were startled. A servant with neat face asked in a low voice, "Ninth master, this..."

Half annoyed and half-amused, Cheng Yuanjing pressed his forehead for a moment. When he raised his head again, his face returned its usual indifference: "She is just a little girl. Let's go."

"Yes."

Cheng Yujin was angry. She was the eldest young miss from a marquis family. Her whole life, it was always her who walked in front of others, never the opposite. Why should she accept Cheng Yuanjing's impoliteness? So she deliberately walked in front of him and purposely showed even more noble and high posture than usual.

It is a pity that Cheng Yuanjing was tall and had long legs, so he walked faster than her. The two of them actually arrived at old Madam Cheng's Shou'an hall at the same time.

Old Madam Cheng had to handle her granddaughter engagement cancelation early in the morning and was now in a bad mood. A servant girl came to report, "Ninth master and eldest young miss are here."

When old Madam Cheng heard this, the corner of her mouth visibly drooped.

Cheng Yujin walked into the old Madam's room, full of tense. Women couldn't ask about the matters outside the house, nor could men intervene in the inner courtyard. Although old Master Cheng had the highest authority in Yichun marquis manor, for Cheng Yujin, he was far less influential than old Madam Cheng and Qingfu Junzhu.

Cheng Yuanjing noticed Cheng Yujin's change and gave her a slight glance. After entering the inner room, Cheng Yujin's nervousness became visible. She smiled, and one by one saluted the female elders in the room. "Granddaughter pays respect to grandmother, to mother, to the second aunt."