oo. PROLOGUE

❝ TO LIVE FOREVER

TO LIVE FOREVER . . . ❞

THE SNOW in the mountains was melting, and Bunny had been dead for several weeks before they came to understand the gravity of their situation. Ten days passed before the body was found. However, Lilith Corcoran was well beyond the grieving period by the time childhood Polaroids of the late Edmund "Bunny" Corcoran began to plague headlines. She'd known of his murder before the rest of the world.

How could she not have known? Confession in the form of a supposed friend's faltered facial expression was all she needed to piece the shards of the so-called mystery together. Granted, its edges were sharper than they should have been and scraped her brain until it bled, but eventually, everything had fallen into place, and the fresh scars finally settled.

In truth, Lilith did not necessarily care for Bunny's life — for it only served to sicken her stained existence further — but his death was a warning, an omen. Death, a friend from the distant past coming to embrace her in his dear, desolate arms once more. Lingering in lazy grey clouds of smoke exuded from her dead brother's Marlboro cigarettes. She soon worried the fragrance of fatality was growing on her again.

I'd be careful, Lils. Bunny's voice seemed to echo in her head.
You're next.

anya taylor joy, LILITH LEIGH CORCORAN

zane holtz, HENRY WINTER

                                                       &&

                                                       &&. . .
dane dehaan, EDMUND "BUNNY" CORCORAN | mukasa kakonge, RICHARD PAPEN | daniel laros, FRANCIS ABERNATHY  | brandon browne, CHARLES MACAULAY  | jasmyn palombo, CAMILLA MACAULAY

NOT YET CORPSES.
STILL, WE ROT.  ❞

havenscars, 2021