45. Eyes and Ears Everywhere

Start from the beginning

"This guy? Seriously?" Sam mumbled annoyed, while Steve rolled his eyes.
"Oh, shut up!" Andria said, while getting her knife, seeing that the only thing separating them and the figure was now the wagon they were passing by.

As they were getting closer to the end of the wagon, Andria picked up her pace, while tightening her grip at her knife.

"Don't engage!" Steve whispered-yelled, but Andria ignored him and as they got to the end of the wagon, she turned towards the side the figure was coming from.

She didn't wait to see who it was, instead she grabbed the figure's shoulder and pushed him towards the wagon's side, placing the knife against his neck, only to realise she did know the man in front of her.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me! What the hell were you thinking? I could've killed you!"

"I was actually counting on it, since these two might as well let anybody get to you!" Fury said, pushing the knife away from him with a nonchalant look on his face.

"So, you're running tests on us now?" Sam said sarcastically and Fury chuckled, but turned to him with a serious expression.

"I thought I wouldn't have to, but turns out I was wrong," he said and then turned to Steve with the same expression, "she's right, you know. You must grow up! Both of you! You're on the run, not on a roadtrip! You got people after you! You shouldn't trust anyone!"

"Don't worry about it. I know what I'm doing. These two might not be used to hiding their ass from the whole wide world, but I've got some experience," Andria said, smirking, as she put the knife back in her holster.

"I know, Miss Hill! Besides, that's the only reason it took me so long to find you guys. I've been trying to locate you ever since your escape."

"Thought you had eyes and ears everywhere," Steve said sarcastically and Fury turned to him unfazed.

"I do. But, Miss Hill over here has spent her whole life learning how to be invisible and soundless, unlike you two!" He said, pointing on Sam and Steve, making Andria chuckle amused by the whole situation.

"Alright, shall I remind you that two years ago we too were on the run from HYDRA," Sam said a tad bit annoyed, while Steve sighed fed up and Fury with Andria rolled their eyes, before answering in sync.

"You had Natasha!"

"Wow, now I realize what you've been reminding me of, ever since I met you and I mean it in a bad way, but I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!" Sam said full of sarcasm and Andria shot him a glare which he ignored, before he continued, "By the way, you were nowhere to be found when we were in dire need of backup, trying to deal with the HYDRA uprising."

"Don't hate! I was working," Andria said nonchalantly.
"Where? On Starbucks?"
"Bringing down a terrorist organisation with Chitauri powered guns in Venice, picking up the mess they left behind in New York!" Andria said annoyed, pointing at Steve, meaning the battle with Loki in New York a few years ago.

"Alright, enough you too!" Steve said and they both rolled their eyes, but stopped.

"How often do these two bicker like a married old couple?" Fury asked Steve, making both Sam and Andria scoff irritated.

"Too often."
"Just accept that without us, you'd be toast," Andria pointed out and Sam agreed.
"That's right!"
"Until they team up against me!" Steve said to Fury, ignoring his teammates.

"All this would have been avoided if you hadn't showed up by the way," Sam said to Fury, before Steve spoke again.

"Why did you want to find us in the first place?"
"I wanted to talk to you about your feud with Stark," Fury started and seeing all of them getting uncomfortable he quickly went on, "I want you to try and reconcile with him."