Chapter 17- Draco's Dramatics

Start from the beginning

Regulus shook her cousin's hand briefly and Frannie let out a snort. "Pureblood manners never fade, do they?"

"You shouldn't even be talking," Rosier snarled, as it seemed Lucius was at a loss for words. "You know nothing of blood purity."

"I am a halfblood," Frannie shrugged, exchanging an amused look with Draco. "But let me assure you, Walburga made sure I never forgot it."

Regulus stiffened, his grey gaze falling on his niece. "She knew you?"

"She raised me," Frannie bit into a bit of Draco's apple, snatching it from his hand. Her gaze softened as she looked up at the younger Black. "Ruddy horrid old hag."

Lucius let out a disparaging noise as Zabini, whose first name Frannie had finally learned was Samuel, shook his head in disbelief.

"How did you not get disowned, Black?" As Regulus and Frannie both turned to look at him, he let out a sigh, running a hand over his short hair. "I'm referring to the female one."

"She died in my fifth year," Frannie's gaze darkened as she remembered the stern-faced witch. "Orion the year before. Although, they moved away from Grimmauld Place years before that. Too many memories, I think."

She watched Regulus swallow thickly as the Slytherin clenched his goblet, bringing it to his lips to hide his emotion. She remembered how Walburga remembered her uncle almost fondly, and Frannie swore her resemblance to Regulus was the only thing that kept her from being kicked out.

Rosier leaned over the table, lowering his voice to a malevolent hiss. "So, whose side are you on?" He touched the inside of his left forearm. "Because you could be rather useful."

Draco and Frannie exchanged a look and she was relieved to see that her cousin was thinking the same thing. Their years of being spies were over.

"Not yours, if I didn't make that obvious the first time," Draco drawled, leaning backwards.

Rosier and Lucius stiffened, their gazes growing cold as they observed the younger Malfoy.

"I would urge you to reconsider your choice," Rosier replied, a twisted smile crossing his face. "The Dark Lord doesn't take a refusal lightly." He wrinkled his nose in disgust. "Especially by a bloodtraitor."

Frannie flexed her right arm, her gaze clouding as it stung slightly with memories. Draco noticed her actions, leaning closer to her side protectively.

"Considering we're already familiar with the Dark Lord's tactics," Draco snapped, glaring at Rosier with a spiteful expression, "we're not too worried. Especially if you're one of his henchmen," he raised a condescending eyebrow.

Rosier whipped around to face Lucius, disgust filling his face. "Malfoy, how could your son turn out to be so weak?" His lips drew back in a snarl. "Is there something you're not telling us?"

Some of the blood drained from Lucius's face as Narcissa clutched at his arm, sending Draco a worried glance. "I assure you, Rosier," the pale boy responded, his tone cold. "I would never tolerate such disobedience.

Frannie watched Draco worriedly as he observed his father with a look of repulsion. "And this is way I had such a messed-up childhood," he pushed himself away from the table, frowning at Narcissa. "Do yourself a favor mother, and run away while you still can."

Narcissa looked rather shaken as her eyes widened, taking in her son's features and seeming to search for some kind of recognition.

"Doesn't that mean you won't be born?" Regulus frowned, glancing between his cousin and her son.