The Director's Cut.

So, I guess I should probably start at the beginning. But if I did that, we wouldn't get to the good shit, and I know you all have better shit to do.

My name is Marc Spector. You've probably heard my name around the streets.

See, I died. Horribly. But I came back to life. That story is a bit complicated, but a god was involved, and now I have the power of the moon. So I took on the mantle of Moon Knight, and that's where we are today.

I've heard multiple stories about the Rebellion and their leaders that came and went. The rogue Hunterians, X and Zero, have been making a name for themselves after they were exiled from their home.

Of course, then it was destroyed by a weapon, so that put a huge damper on things.

But this story isn't about the Rebellion. Or about X or Zero.

This story is about me. No, I'm not trying to be arrogant.

In a way, this story is about the Rebellion as well. I joined the Rebellion in their later years during the battle of the Hunters and I died. Again.

But instead of it sticking a second time, I was sent to a strange place, where life and death don't matter.

That place is where our story begins.

--------------------

The Vigil Homeworld.

Yeah, I know. Not the best name for a place where life and death are non-existent. It's not even that beautiful to look at. But this place has a special kind of element to it.

Apparently, you can return to the land of the living, but if you die within the Vigil, you're dead permanently.

Sounds like some television type of shit, right?

But here's the thing. I don't know if it's because of my powers or because I have godlike abilities, but I'm able to go to and fro without consequences. It's a crazy thing, but lately everything's been that way.

"So, let me get this straight. This place... is like, what? Heaven?"

I managed to speak with one of the members of the Vigil Council to get some answers.

"Not really. It's a place of being and mind. You can still die here and be killed. Death is a dangerous thing here. Even more so within the Vigil. You have been chosen to become a part of our Council, to lead others into a new world, a new era of life after death."

I took a step back, mostly in confusion and shock.

"Whoa, whoa. Wait a second here. I've been chosen? Who the hell put my name in the hat to be a part of this... cult?"

"We all took a consensus and decided to add you to the Vigil Council, Moon Knight."

"Hang on, I never agreed to this."

I paused for a minute. If they were serious about me being a part of this Council, then I could use my detective skills to search for clues and answers.

I mean, if we're being honest here, this world is pretty bad lately. With the looming invasion of this Thanos quickly approaching, I had this sick feeling in my gut telling me not everyone would be safe from this threat.

For so long I've been trying to make the world a better place, even before I had the powers of Moon Knight. Before I met the Rebellion, I was basically doing what they've been doing - helping the way I can be.