Chapter 6

her achilles heel;
CHAPTER SIX.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

RUMORS HAS it that the council's shadow is at it again. The never-ending saga of him trying to pull the basketball club down again. That was a hell of news that (Y/n) heard the next day she went to school, the first thing she heard in the morning is the captain of the judo club; Tatsuhiko Aota, saying that Kaito is at it again.

When she arrived at the meeting room of the council, she found Kaito sitting on one of the swivel chairs while reading a book in front of him.

"Good morning." She greeted first, putting aside her things including her bag. "What's the fuss about Tatsuhiko-san?" She urged to ask him, right exactly after she sat down beside him.

Kaito closed the book, as he stared at her. "I'm not trying to pull the club down, I'm just proving my point that pursuing a club that is not worth it is a burden to the school, president." He replied.

"Even Tatsuhiko-san agrees." He added.

She lets out a sigh.

"Of course he did, haven't you heard? He is Akagi-san's rival ever since middle school, they chose different paths that lead them to where they are right now." She explained, Kaito's ears started to turn red not because he was flustered, he was rather agitated.

"I'm afraid that I don't see your point, senpai. You've helped the council ever since your freshmen years, and I heard that you kept on trying to prove that point of yours ever since the beginning. I can see that there's more than to it, what was the real reason?"

Kaito glanced at her, his amber eyes turning bloodshot scowling at her sending her a few shivers down her spine. Like a whole different person. He is mad. She knew it.

"No president has ever disagreed with me," he said scowling heavily at her.

Before he could even say something, Kaito saw a mischievous smirk all of a sudden appearing on her lips; her face feigned fake innocence. He heard her cleared her throat.

"It's a pleasure to be the first one." She says with a smug smirk.

"Why can't you just agree with me like the former ones, (Y/n)-san? The former ones believed in me, and the former ones were the best among the other schools because I've helped them." Kaito said as he tries to convince her.

"Maybe because the former ones need help, and I don't." She stood up from her chair, Kaito's lips parting on her arrogance, and the presence of her bravery, easily countering everything that he had said.

"Look, I will still rely on you senpai. But then, next week will be the start of the festival, and the preparations are still ongoing so we need to discuss this the next time." She said while now leaning on the window.

Her eyes perked up, and her face all of a sudden turned soft when she saw the familiar rookie, looks like he just arrived, locking his bike.

Though she didn't see it, Kaito has seen it. The way she turned soft looking at her. It was decided, that maybe before he pursue his plans first on pulling down the club, he needs to find her Achilles heel first. Her weaknesses.

"And the next time we talk about this, I'll make sure I'll finally convince you, prez."

A chuckle escapes her lips upon hearing that.

"Sure! But come with me in the cafeteria first, I haven't eaten yet." She beamed a genuine smile at him, a sudden change of attitude.

One second her face feigning arrogance, the next second she'll turn soft. She is really different from the former ones, and she is a challenge that he is willing to accept and win.