Megumi x Reader: Why Not Me?🌸

Start from the beginning

"Come on Megumi.", Yuuji said as he took my hand and led me to the fitting rooms where Y/n tried on the dresses she gathered. We sat on the seats, waiting for her; an awkward silence arising. I'd always envied Yuuji for having such a bright and open personality, he always got the hearts of everyone around him... including Y/n. "Hey Megumi...", I turned to see Yuuji looking at me. I hummed as I looked away. "Did I... do something? You've been acting strange towards me, like you don't wanna be around me. I just wanna know what I did so we could fix it.", he said as he moved closer to me. I sighed. What was I supposed to tell him? Telling Yuuji I was in love with Y/n wasn't gonna solve anything.

"Alright, what do you think of this one?", we heard and gave our attention to Y/n who was standing in front of us. I looked up at her, she was wearing a short fitted dress.. it looked like satin, it was a wine color that looked beautiful. No... she made it look beautiful. My eyes trailed her body without me even realizing it. "You look so hot, Y/n. I'll buy it for you!", Yuuji said as he took her hand and gave her a spin. She giggled as she looked at herself in the mirror... she was so mesmerizing. "You'll buy it? You don't have to.", she responded to him. I groaned, this is why... he acts as if they're dating. I wanna be the one buying her dresses, I want to be the one giving her compliments... why him? Why not me?

She turned to me, nervously, "Megs... what do you think?", she asked as she held her hands behind her back. She's the most beautiful woman I know... but how could I tell her that? "It looks good on you, you should get it.", I said with a small smile. She gave me big grin before looking at herself in the mirror, "Okay, I'll get it.". "I could pay... if you'd let me.", I said as I stood up with my hands in my pocket. She turned to me, with a look of disbelief. "That would be perfect! You pay for the dress and I'll pay for her shoes!", Yuuji said with a smile. "Guys I don't want you to spend your money on me...", she said nervously. Yuuji scoffed, "Nah, when you go on a date and show up looking like this, I wanna be able to take credit and say that was all me.", he said. My face turned red at the idea of her wearing that to a date with me.

"I wanna get it because you look beautiful...", I said lowly. Her eyes widen as her cheeks flushed, oh god... did I make it weird?? She smiled at me and hugged me, "Thank you, that means a lot.", she said as I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist. It felt so natural to have her in my arms... is this what Yuuji feels when he hugs her? "You guys are cute.", he said with his hands on his hips. She pulled away and smiled at me before heading back to change into her normal clothes. Then there was silence once again. "Megumi-", "I love her Yuuji.". His eyes widen as he took in what I said. "Well... what does that have to do with me?".

I turned to him annoyed, of course I have to explain myself. This is so embarrassing. I rolled my eyes, "I... I don't think she feels the same way... I think it's you she loves.", I said, blushing from how embarrassing and childish I sounded. "You're really stupid.", he simply said before standing up, "Talk to her.".

Your POV

I put on my shirt again, I'm really grateful that they're getting me things so I'll get the something too before we leave. I just gotta think of what... Yuuji would probably want a stuffed animal, but I don't know what to get Megumi. I don't wanna let him down, I know it's just a small gift but... I wanna impress him. He called me beautiful... I felt my cheeks heat up from thinking about it and the look Yuuji gave me. Ever since I told him I had a crush on Megs, he always teases me.

I walked out to find the two boys sitting in silence, "You guys are awkward.". They looked up and Yuuji smiled, "Let's go pay.". Megs got up and the two of us followed behind Yuuji. "Thank you..", I said to Megs, he looked at me confused, "for getting me the dress I mean.". He smiled at me, "Don't thank me, Y/n.".

•••

We looked around more and bought a lot more so we eventually got hungry and got food at the food court so Megumi and I looked for seats while Yuuji and Nobara made the line. "Should we go outside of stay in here?", I asked Meg as he held a few of my bags. "The weather is nice today so...", he responded, leading me to the tables outside. We found an empty table and set our bags on the floor, sitting next to each other. I looked at him smiling before remembering, "Oh! I got you something Megs.", I said as I rummaged through the bags. I found it.

I pulled out the bag and he looked stunned, "Here, open it!". He hesitated to take the bag and I started to get nervous, what if he thought it was weird? He looked at me, "You didn't have to get me anything Y/n...", he said. I placed my hand on his thigh and reassured him, "I wanted to Meg, think of it as a gift.", I said as I began to over think it in my head. He gave me a warm smile before pulling out the box, he looked at me nervously and I gave him a smile as I freaked out on the inside. He opened the box and pulled out the necklaces slowly, his eyes widening. I started fidgeting with my fingers as he turned over to me. "I... I love it...", he said as he examined his. I looked up smiling, "Do you really?".

"I do... let me put yours on for you.", he said as he moved my hair from my neck. I blushed lightly as he inched closer to me, putting on the necklace. I got the pink heart and he got the black heart that went around it. He pulled his hands away and smiled. "I'll put yours on too.", I said as I took his and wrapped my hands around his neck to put his on. "I think I love you.". My eyes widen and I pause, "No- I.. I love you.", he said, putting emphasis. I looked at him stunned as he looked me in the eye, not knowing what to say. "I know you probably don't feel the same, I know you probably like Yuuji and I don't blame you, he's stronger than me, more open, kinder, he's just so much more than I am and I-".

"Stop it.", i said as I relaxed and placed my hands on his shoulders. "I don't like Yuuji. I like you... don't compare yourself to him okay? He's my best friend and yeah hes a great person but he's not you. And it's you that I... that I love.". He blushed and his face turned a light red, "Do you mean that?". "Of course I do Megumi.", I responded as I caressed his cheek. He looked me in the eyes, as he gave me a warm smile, "Can I kiss you..?", he said as he placed his hand on my thigh. I nodded yes as a smile crept onto my face. He placed his free hand behind my neck, pulling me into him and closing the gap between us. I closed my eyes as we melted into each other, humming into our kiss as I cupped his face. After a few seconds, he pulled away with a warm smile on his face.

He kissed my nose as he held my hair, looking at me with a look of awe. "Finally, I'm so sick of Megumi.", we heard Nobara say with a tray in her hand. I chuckled and Megumi blushed in embarrassment as Nobara and Yuuji sat with us. "Shut up, you're so annoying.", Megumi said as he took his food. "No, YOU'RE annoying. 'Why not meeeee?', 'why Yuujiiiii?', shut up.", Nobara whined as she opened her chopsticks. Megumi groaned, giving her a dirty look. Yuuji laughed before clearing his throat, "No but uh... seriously, I'm glad you guys talked.". I smiled at him, "Thanks Yuuji...", Megumi and I said before looking at each other.

Im glad we talked too.