Bonus Chapter: Winter's Song

Start from the beginning

Not being able to see her for the early days on was easy to deal with. He has no time to worry about a certain Pendejo's whereabouts and safety. At least, he knew that she would always be there. Perhaps not always within his sight, but he would be there close by. But now that he was heading somewhere which was certainly farther than ever, he has no choice but to worry.

It had been another punched to his gut to find out from Isidro that at the time that he was also to leave, even the Pendejo was planning something of her own, too. Even she, was heading far away. Not just anywhere, but somewhere that she couldn't even explain to him.

That's why, he couldn't help asking her, "Magkikita pa tayo, ano?"

She just shrugged as if his question didn't hold any value. At least, at that time, it didn't. And she answered nonchantly, "Depende na. Bahala na."

There were already a few times before that they've been away from one another. He knew that they were like magnets, always being drawn together. And he was drawn to her as always, ever since that first meeting. This time, he just hoped that time would allow them, too. That one day, he would once again see her. Being that light that he was always teased to be close to.

He smirked and whispered to her ear with a light chuckle, "Hindi pa tayo tapos, Pendejo."

True, they weren't. Because at the end of the tale, the moth had died being engulfed in flames. And for the fire to burn much brightly, the legend hadn't said that the moth had teased it, too, to catch him. That's the very reason why he had ripped that respective paper from his journal and handed it to her as a parting gift.

Just as that time that he had shown to her the sketch of his perspective personal flag to her. A symbol of him. A symbol of his revolution. It was more of a reminder to her that the fighting was far from over. And she started to have possession of a part of him, too.

# # #

"Aminado akong bigla-bigla akong umalis pero kasalanan mo, hayop ka!" she screamed at him, completely furious. She shoved him away, and he was taken aback to step back.

Tangina naman oh, he almost cut through at that moment but he allowed her to continue. This was not the type of welcome that he'd been expecting that would reunite them. After all, she'd been gone for seven months. Everyone had been searching and asking where she could've been; and suddenly, out of the blue, she appeared right here. Not just 'here' but on the very frontlines, being the fool and stupid she always was. But among everyone, Goyo would not even tell her that he was the most worried. It was true that they almost gone crazy. Him, the most. However, his pride will absolutely not let him admit it.

After her long series of litany against him, her explaining her side to him and everything, she stopped talking all of a sudden.

"Ano?" He insisted as he raised an eyebrow.

Pendejo only shook her head.

Tangina naman talaga. He gritted his teeth, suppressing his anger. He only scoffed and turned away from her, heading somewhere far from her for this moment. "Bahala ka nga diyan. Walang kwenta."

"Goyo!" she screamed, the second later. Rushing towards him, pushing him back to the ground as she landed on top of him.

The fall, of course, hurt. But only momentarily. He knew that she was always clumsy, but not to the point as this. He was about to scold her for being such a fool, not until horror replaced his irritation. The blooming red on her shoulder and arm set off an alarm to him, and he called for her name to keep her conscious still. However, it was too late.