"I just, I just want to ask how you're doing lately?"

Jian Yang seemed nervous. He rubbed his hands against each other and his uniform was wrinkled in some places-- --the spirited esports star on the stage during the opening ceremony had dissolved into a normal, nervous young man......Tong Yao's gave him a "you're kidding me" look, he hurriedly continued, "Really, I haven't stopped caring for you after that! I want to know how you're doing, but Chen Jinyang won't let me ask. I asked Ai Jia, but she would scold him too if he said anything. Ai, I don't known how have you've been since that day-- --"

"How have I been? I'm very happy. It's too boring to fall in love, I would be much happier playing games if I had the time."

Tong Yao turned her eyes to look beyond Jian Yang's shoulder. Those fangirls behind him were trying to eavesdrop on their conversation......

Tong Yao thought about the big news that was about to come, she really didn't have the time to create some gossip with her ex at this time. She patted Jian Yang's shoulder and simply and cruelly concluded, "It's all in the past. Don't you keep thinking about it......All you need to know is that we both live happily after."

"......."

Jian Yang raised his eyebrows as if he hadn't expected that Tong Yao would put it that way-- --Right at that moment, there was a commotion coming from inside the arena!Everyone, including Tong Yao and Jian Yang, turned to look and saw ZGDX's mid, Yu Ming, walk by himself out of the rest area. The instance he walked out, the lights inside the arena darkened. The spotlight shone on the only person on the stage, Yu Ming......"......"

Tong Yao's stomach jerked a bit. She knew what was coming-- --

Just as she had anticipated, Yu Ming stood on the stage, microphone in hand, and began telling a long story.

He talked about how he had first come across with this game, how he was stopped by his parents, and how in the end he made the decision to play professionally......In the beginning, his family didn't approve of his profession. He even got the silent treatment from his parents for a long time. He had stayed in Shanghai by himself, struggling for an unrealistic dream in the eyes of others.

At that time, esports in China was just sprouting and League of Legends had just gotten popular. There was a huge gap between the professional players back then compared to now. He survived with on just a 3,000RMB monthly salary at the time in the big city and persistently strived for his dream-- --

Until he earned his first League championship with ZGDX.

Until he watched old teammates retire, change clubs, and had welcomed new teammates.

Until his family finally understood and supported him. Nowadays, whenever ZGDX was in any competition, his parents, who didn't understand games at all, would put on their glasses to watch the game in front of a computer.

Yu Ming's career was a representation of the birth of esports in China from non-existence to a solid profession. He had witnessed a lot-- --

"I always dreamed that one day, my teammates and I will be the champion in the World finals. Then we can hold the trophy and tell all the people who have supported us all along, those who have paid attention to the LoL Chinese regional competitions: We have done it."

Facing the quiet audience, Yu Ming bowed deeply-- --

"I'm sorry, I have failed to realize my promise. In the end, we have never fulfilled that dream......And now, I realize that I have reached the point where I have to put down my own dream and make way for new blood."