01 a hot grey eyed tourist

Start from the beginning

I mumbled and my mother groaned in annoyance. She opened her mouth to speak again but I cut her off. "He is... he is an imbecillio! A deficiente and foolish excuse for a man! I was kicked out of Beauxbatons because of him and now we are moving halfway across to world and it's all his fault! My life is here. Not with some British good for nothings that only believe in blood purity, mama."

My voice wavered, anger and rage of everything that was happening overriding any other feeling of serenity.

My chest heaved with anger and hers with annoyance. The waves behind us crashed in tumult, rising and falling as curtains upon a silver stage. Crashing with the shore in patterns of the finest of lace, the sunlight sky pulsed in a rhythmic beat.

I've always loved this particular beach with barely any people and then sun was hot enough for me to feel like I was in the pits of Hell.

"You were kicked out because you are selfish! You do not think of anybody but yourself, do you, ragazza egoista?" [selfish girl]

By the constant increase in my mother's tone and the gritting of her teeth, I wouldn't surprised if she was suddenly louder than the thunderous waves behind us.

But her voice started to crack and her body started trembling. "You are egotistical, and arrogant. Everything is always about you. Have you even considered to ask how I am with my husband in prison? I am falling apart, mio amore."

I didn't hesitate before biting back, "Mama, you hid him from the Aurors and you can't even be bothered to tell me what papa has done! I'm stuck in the dark and you want me to sympathize for you?!"

Her sobs deafened and she bit her lip, drawing her eyes away from me.

"It's what love does. I would do anything to protect him." My mama cleared her throat.

"If that's what love is then I would never be so stupid." I grumbled and pulled my feet out from the sand while lifting myself up.

I snatched my wand off the ground and dusted the sand off before sliding it under my breasts in my bra.

"If anyone is blind enough to love someone as heartless as you, you will know how I feel." Her lips etched into a tight frown.

I scoffed and turned around, trudging over the scorching piles of sand hugging the ocean.  As I walked away, I barely caught the end of her words that carried with the wind.

Something along the lines of her friends, the Malfoys, and how they were to arrive tonight at a hotel in the city.

My legs carried me throughout my home city, cars honking and echos of men and women shouting Italian filled the streets of my home. Young girls ran across the street with bright flowers braided into their hair and boys chasing after them as if they were in love.

Gross.

As I walked on and deeper into the city with gelato in my hands, I squirmed as beads of sweat rolled down my barely clothed body.

With an empty hand trailing across the high-maintenance buildings and homes on either side of the cobblestone path, the setting sun was clambering towards its rest, creating hues of bold velvet petals.