Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"I thought you and him were a thing?" She frowns. 

"I can't say i did also. We weren't anything." I answer shortly again.

"But he can't buy you things and kiss you in front of me- your sister-and takes you on dates or has you stay at his place and then bring some other girl out Selena." She says quietly. 

"Like i said, we weren't anything." I shrug.

"So you're gonna tell me this doesn't hurt you the slightest bit?" She asks. 

"Of course i'm upset about it, but we're both single. He doesn't date. He's made that very clear to me." I answer. "He's a free man." I add. 

"Selena-"

"We're here to be together. Let's not let him ruin that." I smile. She gives me a weak smile but nods. 

...

"I'm full. I fucking hate food." She laughs.

"Ready then?" I chuckle. 

"Yeah." She nods. 

We stand up after receiving the receipt from our check. Pushing in my chair i put my purse on the table to put my wallet back inside and grab my phone and car keys. After hanging my purse on my shoulder my phone goes off with a text message. I decide to ignore it until i'm in the car. 

"Selena?" His voice asks. I was just about to make it to the front without him noticing. I sigh and turn around, to see him looking at me with his phone in his hand. Cara also looking at me with a friendly smile, her hand in his on the table. He noticed my glances and frowned. "What are yo-"

"I'm kind of in a rush i'm sorry." I interrupt him and walk to the front, exiting the restaurant and meeting Claire at the car. 

"What held you up?" She asks.

"Just as i was about to pass him my phone goes off and then he calls my name. I'm assuming he sent me the text then heard my stupid phone go off." I groan and stick the keys in the ignition. 

"Do you need to vent or anything? You know i'm here." She says calmly. 

"I know, but no thanks. What's that gonna do? He wasn't mine and i wasn't his. I'm not hurt. Trust me when i say that, i just feel stupid sort of, because when i met her i could tell she has a thing for him. And here i am staying at his place and kissing him when someone else is already trying really hard to get him to be theirs." I answer. "I have to respect that she likes him. I don't want to ruin her chance on being happy." I add.

"God, you're too nice sometimes." She chuckles. 

"Shut up." I giggle.

We arrived back at my place about two hours ago. Claire and i spent the entire time watching Friends on Netflix.Then before we knew it it was midnight. We had went to bed around twelve thirty since we just laid in my bed and talked about anything and everything. The sound of my phone vibrating underneath my pillow woke me from my slumber. I groan to myself and reach underneath to retrieve it. I look at my clock beside my bed to see it's ten minuets until one in the morning. After grabbing my phone i unlock it in annoyance. 

"Chris i swear to god if you're calling because you forgot your key you can sleep outside." I hiss as i rub my eyes. 

"Selena it's me" His voice rasps. 

"What do you want it's nearly one in the morning." I groan silently, being sure not to wake Claire up. 

"We need to talk please." He says. 

"Harry i just said it's nearly one in the morning. I don't have time for this right now i have work tomorrow." I snap. 

"I'm already outside your door. Just let me talk for a minuet." He says.

"Well then you can stay out there because i'm not getting up, i'm tired and have work as i just said. Just tell me now." I answer.

"Okay then come outside." He says.

"I meant now as in over the phone." I say, rolling my eyes even though he can't see me.

"No. Because over the phone you can easily hang up or continue to interrupt me." He says.

"Well then this will have to wait because i'm sleepy. Goodnight Harry." I say, i heard him say my name quickly before i hung up. I place my phone on the table beside me only to hear it go off again. Leaving it on vibrate i just ignore it and allow myself to fall asleep. 

☀ ☀ ☀

"Good morning Miss Carter." Faith greets.

"Hi Faith." I smile as i pass her and head towards the elevator. Chris had to come in about an hour earlier due to some meeting in his department. Stopping on my floor i walk straight into my office. My door being wide open for some reason. I leave my purse on my desk and make my way to the coffee room. Making mine and Niall's coffee i walk to his office, faintly knocking on the door with my foot since both hands are occupied. 

"Come in." His voice echoes. 

Opening the door i smile at him and walk over to his desk, placing the coffee on it. "Here you go." I smile.

"Thanks Selena." He smiles. "You look different?" He says. 

"Really?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows, he nods and i frown slightly. "Is my skirt too short?" I ask in worry.

He chuckles and shakes his head, "No Selena it's not that. Ah, you're hair isn't curled. I'm sure that's it." He smiles. I chuckle and nod.

After asking him for a list of representatives who promote his company i head out of his office. Walking into mine i gasp when i see Harry leaning against my desk with his hands in his pockets. "What are you-" I begin to ask but am interrupted. 

"I told you, we need to talk." He answers. 

"I had a dream I was dying, but I found nobody there. And if one last night is all that we've been given, let's live it like we care"

I'm so sick i don't even know how this happened. I went out of town Friday, spent all day Saturday at Knotts Berry Farm, after that we went to LA and stayed at a hotel in Beverly Hills and i was perfectly fine all day. But when i woke up this morning i felt like poop it's ridiculous. Anyways sorry this chapter might be either A: boring or B: all over the place. I feel like i'm so sick i'm gonna die and feel weak but did not want to not update! ☺ 

Vote&comment since i took my sorry sick ass out of bed just to update for ya ♥