14 1 0

A month passed by differently after Yesung's death.

Ryeowook didn't look affected by it or that's what they thought – in fact the boy cried almost every night until his tears dry. His fragile heart wanting his brother back, to wake up seeing the smile he longed, to hear those soothing words that in one moment could calm his gloomy days.

Aside from him there are people that are deprived of his brother's presence. Thus, rather than showing his sadness to the people he love he had to pretend that his brother's sudden death was one normal passing moment. In short – it was almost as nothing. Don't be sad. Always smile. Be happy with the people around you were what he always said whenever he woke up to start the day. They were like a life mantra.

Self-locking in room and refusing to go out and meet others has become a habit for Kyuhyun. His parents couldn't do a thing except let time heals their boy. The unforgettable event took a great impact on him but they believe he could move on.

That is until – an unbelievable attempt took place.

It was that Sunday afternoon when Heechul bought Kyuhyun's favorite snack to at least cheer the boy up. Even though Kyuhyun lock himself in his room, knowing Heechul often visited him he always opened the door for him after two or three knocks – despite how reluctant and bad shaped he was. The suspicion arises when he got no answer. In reflex he kicked the door open. To his shock he found Kyuhyun lying on floor with eyes closed, bottle of sleeping pills and cuts on his right wrist – small pool of blood beneath it.

"Shit! Kyuhyun ah!" Heechul rushed over to Kyuhyun, tapping his cheeks in case if he's still conscious. "Yah wake up you damn brat! Cho Kyuhyun!" To no avail the boy didn't move a bit. He checked his pulse and sighed in relieve. "I'm not loosing you." Still, he felt cold blood rushing through his veins. Kyuhyun's mother came and she screamed at the sight, while his father stood there trembling, still had the strength to call ambulance.

"U-uncle..."

Behind him was Ryeowook, staring at Kyuhyun in horror. His breath hitched at the thought of Kyuhyun dying, his hands started trembling and for the first time after his brother's death, he cried in front of his uncle.

"K-kyu hyung –"

"Ryeowook close your eyes, don't look!"

That night Ryeowook spent his time crying his heart out of fear of losing Kyuhyun – who he thought like his own brother. He wouldn't want to lose another of his love one. After the incident and Kyuhyun's hospital discharge, Heechul suggested Kyuhyun to stay with him until he gets better.

Another week passed with Kyuhyun having small improvement yet still refusing to speak a word. "Look what I draw Kyu hyung!" Ryeowook smiled brightly as he showed the adorable penguin he drew with Kyuhyun name beside written in blue crayon. Instead of complimenting Ryeowook with a smile like how he used to, Kyuhyun only stared at him with empty eyes.

The three were spending their time in the living room with cold tea and snack – not knowing a storm approaching – wind chime came as if knowing someone would come soon.

The house's bell gained attention of the three figures. Heechul took in action to see who it was. A handsome man with black pants and long sleeve clothing stood before him with a forced smile. He spotted small scars on the man's forehead and cheeks. Somehow he seen the man before but where?

"Good afternoon. Is this Kim Heechul house?"

Heechul raised an eyebrow. "That's me. Who are you?"

"I'm Choi Siwon, Yesung's boyfriend. You are Yesung's uncle, correct?"

"W-what? Ye...Yesung what?" Heechul widened his eyes. "My nephew had a boyfriend?"