Chapter 21: The Wizard Within The Dark Tower

Comenzar desde el principio

Odette settled on her couch. It has been awhile since Lucas mysteriously appeared— but it has been four years. She has talked to Lucas ever since she was a kid, but now? He was a little black kitten that couldn't hurt a soul. He looked adorable.

"He's the only one I trust in the Palace right now, aside from you, Lucas." she confessed. "not because he's my fiance, but because he's a smart man. I know he can help me in the future."

"You have me, Dettie. I'm all the help you can get," Lucas replied. A little purr escaped his mouth. "also, can you pet me again? I like it when you do that."

The Princess then stood up and walked over to him. It was hard to believe that the best wizard to ever have lived was currently in her room, disguised as a little kitten (panther), and demanding to be pet with.

She placed the little kitten on her lap, hugging it so softly. "You can turn into a raven, or something else more easier for you. Why not do that, Lucas?"

He sighed, but eased with Odette's soft tohch. "I'm lucky enough that your little outburst during the debutante woke me up. When you met me in the Spirit World, I found a spell that transported me here— to the real world."

"A spell that turns you into an adorable little kitty cat, apparently."

The kitten— Lucas, growled. "I can turn into a human if I wanted to. But I'm not. And I bet you want to ask, why?"

Odette shrugged. "Fine. I'll bite," she placed Lucas on the vacant space on her bed. "why?"

Within a matter of seconds, a white puff of smoke appeared. Odette coughed, covering her mouth to prevent from inhaling the gas. "This isn't a funny joke....?"

The 18 year old paused when she was met with ruby red eyes, and long black hair. Right in front of her was a man with a gray robe, tainted with a few shades of red. His skin was as pale as a swan's feather. He also had an intimidating aura surrounding him. It made Odette feel.... uneasy, but safe in some sort of way. Strangely comforting, she thought.

"Did I surprise you, Princess?"

There was a smirk plastered on his face. Odette blushed lightly, but didn't really pay no mind to it. She was just....

"Just a bit," she had a hint of nervousness in her voice.

She's only seen Lucas' human form in her dreams. Seeing it in real life was different— it made her feel unsure and surprised.

The wizard then laid down on the bed. He sighed in relief and closed his eyes.

"I'll take that as a compliment," Lucas snapped his fingers and an apple appeared. His eyes went to Odette. She seemed quite unfazed. "you okay, Dettie?"

Odette didn't really know what to feel toward the nickname, but she just shook it off.

"Just warn me next time you turn human," he saw her hands shaking almost violently. "cause I think... I think your mana is–"

Lucas opened his eyes and sat up. He immediately went to Odette's side. She was on the verge of passing out.

"Don't mess with me. Is my mana overlapping with yours? Is it too much when I turn into a human?"

"I..." her mind was hazy. Maybe it was because of her training? Did she exert too much of her powers earlier? Fuck, this was the third time happening this week. And it was only a Wednesday.

"I don't know.."

Lucas bit his lip. Odette has been training herself too far, again. It ticked him off, seeing the Princess overworking herself just for the sake of her powers. He's seen her improve tremendously, and he's very much impressed. Odette grew up to be an excellent sorcerer that was gifted with one of a kind powers.

"Odette?" he grabbed her shoulder and shook her slightly. "Odette. Take deep breaths, and give me your hand."

She gave Lucas her hand. He transferred a few of his little restored mana to her body. It made her tremble slightly. "It's painful, but endure it for me, okay?"

"Mhm... it.. feels weird. It burns, Lucas."

He sighed. "You'll be better in no time," he explained. "but you have to stop overusing your powers. Your body is still weak."

Odette's headache seem to lessen now. She leaned her head on Lucas' shoulder. "Thanks again. You don't have to turn into a human if it's uncomfortable."

The wizard ruffled her hair slightly. The both of them seem to enjoy the silence, and just after a few minutes— Lucas heard slight snores from Odette. She was sleeping comfortably on his shoulder.

"I'll protect you once I fully regain my powers," he said with a worried tone, despite knowing that she'll never hear it. "for now, take care of yourself."

TO BE CONTINUED.....

NEXT CHAPTER TITLE: "Prince Claude and His Four-Year Expedition"